Thread: Genealogy
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 06:12 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSabine would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
star Genealogy

Hi @all,

I love Genealogy. To search the Family History is making Fun and the results are bringing sometimes lost Family together and fill the heart with love.

My Grandfather left my Grandma a short while before my Father was born. Because the US Soldier has to drive home after the 2.WW. And the have lost Contact. So many years I was searching through the WorldWideWeb. (And the are so many wonderful webpages for Familysearch).
After Years of leaving notices on several Genalogy and Army Pages I receved an email "The one you are looking for there, is my father. It looks like I'm probably your uncle."
So my father met, after more than 50 years his Father and they had a peaceful time before my grandfather passed away. Unfortunately I never meet him in real Just a awesome phone call.

And the last years I was searching for the Father of my partner. She has seen him last time when she was 4 years old. Her Parents her divorced and her father went back to the USA (Also US Soldier). I also left several noticed on Genealogy websites. And checked them from time to time. A few weeks ago I saw a search request of a woman. And I thought this must be a match...
Well, It IS a match .
This woman is a sister of my partners Father...
She lives in Oshkosh /WI and an other aunt lives in Beloit/WI.
Unfortunately they also have lost contact to their brother. But this part of the Family is happy that they we have found them.

It is so awesome..

So, If you search for your lost part of the Family, never give up..
Head Elf (10-27-2013), HollyJolly (10-27-2013), made582 (10-27-2013), Maureen (10-27-2013), MerryCarey (10-27-2013), Ryan (11-19-2013), sgrover (11-15-2013), snowflake22 (10-27-2013), trackrebel (10-27-2013)