Thread: Genealogy
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Through Ancestry.com and a few other sites, I met cousins in England and Ireland. I had the chance to go over to Ireland and England/Wales and finally met them in person. The history, I so hated in High School has now prompted me to continue searching. I never realized where all of my traditions had come from and now after visiting "family" I know.... That means so much more to me now.... I have connected with family all over the United States and have gotten to become a member of the D.A.R. The one side I am looking for is my Scots side, which disappears with my great-great grandfather.... with a name of James Alan Young it is virtually impossible to locate his birth area. We think it is Ayr, but with the 13th most common name, it keeps me going.