View Single Post
Old 10-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,730 Times in 2,167 Posts
xmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemenxmastidings could be one of the Wisemen
I have a full size, brick fireplace. I got typical go thru a cord or two of wood in a Fall/ winter. However, last year, I only used about a half of an cord.

I like to split firewood by hand (splitting axe, mall, wedges), but for the past few years I have been buying slab wood from a local mill, because I didn't have the time to fool with it. I can get from the mill, in one truck load, 4 cords of either oak $400.00 or mixed wood for $350.00.

But, your right, I miss being out there on a cool/ crisp fall day (where your not sweating to death and or the mosquittos are chasing after you), just chopping firwood for a few hours....It's a good workout plus it was always somewhat peaceful being outside doing that~

The Bell Still Rings for me,
as it does for all who truly Believe!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to xmastidings For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (10-29-2013), Christmasstar (10-30-2013), Festive Spirit (11-01-2013), Head Elf (11-01-2013), snowflake22 (10-29-2013)