View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 05:51 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
Quote:
Originally Posted by xmascrackers View Post
Novelist - my sympathies - Was there one thing your father loved about Christmas more than anything else, a food, a type of decoration? If so then incorporating that into your Christmas will make the memories even more special. Over the last few days We have decided to incorporate one aspect of each of us in our Christmas celebrations from this year on so that no matter where we are, in a way we will be together over Christmas.
Thanks for the kind words everyone! It means so much to me. Some of the traditions my father loved, that we still try is do are. On THanksgiving he always brought champagne for a special toast when we are having Thanksgiving at my sister's house. he also made a special soup-barley with fresh kilbassi. This year I brought the champagne, and my brother in law made the soup. For Christmas, my father always brought his children and grandchildren a box of Whitman's chocolates. With so much to eat during the holidays, I'm not sure if anyone will have the candy this year. When my ather stopped driving, my husband and I would go to a store and buy the candy. I felt so silly, buying 16 boxes of chocolates!!! It was for my father though, and my husband and I would do anything for him!