View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 09:43 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 99,402 Times in 17,322 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotericisis View Post
I began my excel spreadsheet last night!

I have most of my kids' stuff figured out, but I always seem to add things on black friday (even after looking at the ads- what can I say, I'm an impulse buyer LOL). I have 6 nieces and nephews so I normally take care of them on black friday as well. I give myself a budget for each kid and buy things until the budget has been exhausted. 1 niece is 16 and my nephew is 17, so I usually just give those two a CD or something and cash, so it really is only my two children (aged 4 & 5) and 5 nieces (aged 1, 3, 5, 10).

I have to figure out what to get my sisters and brother and my mom, but hands own the hardest person to buy things for is my husband. He is one of those people who "has everything". I always get what I like to call "filler" gifts like clothing etc., but every year I have some big ticket items- last year I went all out and got a nice watch, great tix to a basketball game, and a gaming system. This years budget won't allow that much big spending, but I still need to figure out a big ticket item! Time is ticking!!!

Almost forgot, I almost have my volunteer schedule in order. I want my children to know that Christmas is not about the gifts, so we always do a lot of volunteering. I throw some family time in there as well- can't wait to see ABC & Hallmark's Holiday movie list- cookies and hot cocoa anyone?!?
Good for you!! That is awesome & inspiring!

I also think it's wonderful what you're teaching your kids about helping others out, beautiful!!