View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 02:34 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,907 Times in 9,105 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowflake22 View Post
Hey CAH!!

Same here!! Too bad we didn't live closer, we could help each other out & share some great ideas!!

Adrian & I recently spent a day organizing it & getting it all in one room, documenting each piece in a spreadsheet, with what year it was, and if it retired, etc. it was a lot of work but very worthwhile. I had lost track of them a few years ago, when Adrian started picking up lots of them through Craigslist & eBay. Some were duplicated, and whatnot. And in the move, some ended up in totes in the basement cubby, some in the utility room, etc...now all are accounted for! Feels good!

Hope you have a great day, friend!!
That would be great if we did live close by! Good idea on organizing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmastidings View Post
A Very Merry Christmas Season to Everyone!!!

I wish I could have been there with everyone to help bring in the Christmas Season, but I couldn't hang as well....Got up the previous morning at 4:45am and didn't sleep to well to boot, so when 9:00pm came around last night, my eyes were rolling up in my head....

We went out for a seafood dinner to celebrate my 50th birthday and with that Lobster sitting in my tummy last night, I hit the couch and needless to say, I was done in no time flat~
Happy Birthday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitney37354 View Post
Call your sister & have her come do it for you!

I'm getting in the Christmas Spirit! I've started shopping for gifts, wrapped what I can, & this morning I reserved a room for DH & me for our 20th wedding anniversary on the weekend before Christmas. We were married on December 18, close enough to Christmas!

We'll go to Dixie Stampede on Friday night with DH's parents (we have same wedding anniversary) & we always take DD with us too. They will take DD home with them & we'll get one day & two nights to ourselves to relax & unwind from DH's stressful job. I'm looking forward to it! Twenty years, but it seems like just a couple of years. Wow.
Happy Anniversary!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer91 View Post
Happy Christmas season, everyone! I hope that everyone has a wonderful & blessed season this year on MMC, with family, and with friends! Let it be the best one yet!

This time of the year, I am so thankful for MMC. I have 'met' so many wonderful people here. We are all so very different but share one common interest which brings us all together - it's great!

I remember last year I was so down in the dumps as soon as the evening hours approached on Christmas. I know that it was still Christmas Day, but I was finally facing the fact that it was almost all over. It's hard to look forward to something for months and months and then for it just to end. That's why Christmas Eve has been and always will be my favorite day of the year. The anticipation of Christmas is the best feeling ever. Anyway, I can remember when it hit midnight and I was seriously feeling so down. I logged on here and chatted with some of you who were feeling the exact same way. Most people really have no idea what the feeling is that we experience because they simply do not care about Christmas the way that we do. I started the countdown in my head even though it was a long 364 days away.

This time of year for me is filled with fun, excitement, joy, and anticipation. It's nice to share it with people outside of my family who truly appreciate it as much as I do! Heck - I get excited over wrapping paper, guys. I buy it like it's going out of style. I think I have enough wrapping paper at this point to last me 12 years.

Now that the season has officially 'kicked off' I really need to start my shopping and decorating! The decorations are coming out this weekend and the lights are going up - woo hoo!

Have a GREAT day, everyone!!
We are glad you are with us!

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-13-2013), Holiday (11-14-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-13-2013), made582 (11-13-2013), snowflake22 (11-13-2013), sugar142286 (11-14-2013), whitney37354 (11-14-2013), xmas365 (11-13-2013)