View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 01:01 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 47,988 Times in 7,725 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgramsey View Post
Happy Pines day everyone. Welcome to the "most wonderful time of the year". Temp was 16 when I left home this morning. It felt great. We had snow showers last night but no real accumulation.

Our family is meeting with Hospice today about placing mom in the hospice house. She doesn't want to go which makes it even more difficult. She is a fighter but doesn't have much time left.

We are struggling with knowing that mom's death is soon while the Christmas season is starting. We certainly know that, because of what Jesus did for us, mom is going to a far better place and the sorrow we have is for us, not her. Our family still intends to celebrate Christmas. How can we not celebrate what God did for us at Christmas? This Christmas season will be different but we will try to keep our focus on what Christmas is really about; "for unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a Savior which is Christ the Lord..."

Thanks for letting me vent and give myself a pep talk. Have a blessed day all.
Mgramsey, my prayers continue for your mom and you and your family. {{{HUGS}}}

There seems a magic in the very name of Christmas ~ Charles Dickens

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face ~ Victor Hugo
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Meceka For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (11-14-2013), Christmasstar (11-14-2013), HomemakinGirl (11-14-2013), made582 (11-14-2013), mgramsey (11-14-2013), snowflake22 (11-14-2013), sugar142286 (11-14-2013), xmas365 (11-14-2013)