View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 10:02 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I got my daughter ready for bed Christmas Eve. night. After getting her pajamas on we walked outside to sprinkle our reindeer food up and down our walkway. It was a perfect night for this..with a slight breeze the oats had drifted off by morning and there was only a glitter path left. While tucking her in bed after this she insisted she needed two flashlights one for each hand. She was determined to catch Santa delivering her presents. Although she didn't catch him something much better happened....
This is the first year my daughter didn't have to have her dad and I wake her up. She woke up at 2:30am and came to our room to tell us Santa had came. She was estatic to say the least. Although, my husband tried to coax her back to bed I went in to check on her minutes later and she had her eyes closed shut really tight. When she realised I was looking down on her she opened them and said Mommy I am trying really hard to go back to sleep but I can't. I could tell she was too excited and going back to sleep wasn't going to happen. So I went back to my room and told my husband that since he doesn't go to work until 5:30pm that evening we should get up and open gifts. He was all for it. So we had our Christmas then. I loved the fact that she was so into it this year...she ripped her gifts open like no other. She played with everything for quite sometime before requesting a pancake for breakfast. After she finished she decided to lay down and watch cartoons. (The night before Christmas Eve. my brother asked if we would like for him to come over since he had a Santa suit, I totally agreed so we set up a plan..for him to go to her bedroom window at 6:30am and look in and wave to her). I was hoping all this was going to work out and in hopes she didn't fall back to sleep before he came..it couldn't have happened any better than this) so yes after her pankcake she kicked back to watch TV, while doing this I was also in her room at her desk setting her computer up. I forgot all about the time and my brother...low and behold I hear a knock on her window..and it startled me since I had my back turned and daughter was looking straight out the window...within seconds she jumps up on her bed and while jumping up and down she was saying over and over Mommy I seen Santa...I really did...I swear! He looked at me and waved!! (My brother told me when he looked in she did a double take, then her jaw dropped..) She then jumped down grabbed her boots, coat and flashlight and headed outside to find Santa...of course he was long gone but she then stated while standing outside in complete darkness, asked me if I too hear the jingle bells and of course I did. So we went back inside and she was still so thrilled from it all. I told her she is pretty special girl because Santa doesn't always get to come back to wave to the other children. She was beaming! So it all worked out.
THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST ONE YET, AND I HOPE THERE IS MANY MORE LIKE THIS.....