View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Thanks everyone! I did have a nice Christmas after all! It got a bit worse before it got better though.

As I posted, they were supposed to begin work on our windows on Dec. 12. On December 11 we came home from our nephew's Christmas program to find that the notices on the main building doors regarding the window replacement had been removed.

I knew the work crew was behind schedule in the other apartment building and I wondered if they removed the notices because the work was supposed to start the next morning or if they'd removed them because they weren't going to be starting on our building on schedule. However, there were no notices on our apartment doors to let us know what was going on.

So, Dh said before we got into taking our tree down and moving all of our things, he'd go track down the owner and ask some questions. Good thing he did. The landlord told him that they were way behind schedule and probably wouldn't be getting to us until the 20 or 21. YIKES!

My Dh told him that there was no way on earth that he was going to come home and tell his wife that she was going to have to remove all of her Christmas decorations three days before Christmas. My DH asked the guy to see it from our point of view...yes, these are his buidlings, but this is our home. We live here, we have plans, celebrations, etc. and that it's unreasonable to expect people to completely rearrange their holiday plans/lives at the last minute like that.

The landlord agreed that, for people like DH and I, this was a major inconvenience. He said that most people who live in the buildings are single or older couples and they don't generally decorate as much for the holidays as DH and I do. So, he agreed to pur our apartment off until after Christmas.

He stopped by last night to ask if it was okay if they came and did our windows on Monday...which will work out perfectly because we're taking our Christmas stuff down this weekend and DH will actually be home Monday morning when they're doing the work.

Now, if we could just get them to pony up on some of the other problems, we'd be in business...