View Single Post
Old 01-11-2008, 09:16 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Thank God!

I was finally able to get into my mother's house this morning before work. Imagine my complete surprise to find that no water had made it into the house!!! I literally cannot believe it! When they were rescued the water was only a few inches from their front door threshold and the river continued to rise for another 24 hours (another 2 feet) afterwards.

I keep wondering if there was a way that there could have been water in the house and I just didn't notice it...but I know that's silly...besides, my sister went in with me and we both agreed the house is in relatively good order.

Of course, with them leaving in an hurry and trying to put everything valuable up high...things are a bit of a mess. Also, they've lost all their perishable food (and mom had just spent over $100 stocking her freezer) and, of course, the outside of the house is a complete disaster area but I know that all is SO minor compared to what it could have been.

I keep praying for those who were not as fortunate as we were. Those who have lost everything (my siser's in-laws house is going to be a total loss, I'm sure...they live very near the river and theirs was one of the first homes to flood several days ago) are going to need all the support we can muster.