Thread: Flood pictures
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008, 02:33 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Mom's house didn't get any water in it. I'll never know how as the water line would have seemed to indicate that the water would have been pouring in through the front door. We were so lucky in that regard. She did lose about $150 worth of food in her fridge and freezer.

However, mom's garage was completely flooded. Unfortunately, DH and I lost a lot in the garage. Our washer and dryer, our refrigerator, a bed, etc. that we had stored in there for when we get our own home (and out of this apartment) are all gone. We also lost some treasured family heirlooms and some of my and my sister's wedding keepsakes that were stored in the garage.

We spent the weekend trying to clean out the garage and salvage what we could. It's a labor intensive, slow going process but we're almost done. Then we have to tackle the yard which is filled with an unimaginable amount of debris.

And we're one of the relatively *minor* flood victims in town. The clean up all over town will take months and many people have lost everything including their homes. It's a sad situation for everyone and it will be a long time before we fully recover.