View Single Post
Old 05-15-2008, 12:44 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Unfortunately 2007 was NOT a great year for the Sunshine family.

My father-in-law passed away after a brief but nasty battle with leukemia. My DH injured himself badly at work, developed a nasty staph infection that led to two surgeries and a lengthy recovery process at home. Because of his injury, we had to miss out on our much needed and much anticipated vacation to Gettysburg. So, when I try to think of special memories, all I can think about is the stress, the loss and the heartache.

However, so far 2008 has been a kinder, gentler year. My sister is expecting her fifth child. My DH's health has completely recovered. The family is adjusting to the "new normal" after my father-in-law's passing...it still hurts but we're learning to cope with the pain and remember the good times.

Oh, and we're looking forward to taking that much needed, much anticipated vacation to Gettysburg this September as we celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary!