View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 05:20 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,891 Times in 2,409 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Christmas comics...I was a child of the late 60's and early 70's, so I was most definitely influences by Peanuts growing up. I would go to the library and bring books of Peanuts home by the armload...they even used to limit how many I could take because I would take them all and check them out for months at a time.

I don't recall being anything more than a casual reader of classic comic books, though. I was greatly influenced by what I read in the paper though. Family Circle comes to mind because my whole family read that one and we identified with it so closely (especially the ones featuring "Nobody"--- i.e. Who took Daddy's shoes...nobody!...drawn as a ghost). We had a large family and could relate to that.

I know my mother worried if I'd ever outgrow the comics and I'm proud to say, I never have. In the 80s it was Bloom County and the Far Side. (I never quite got the humor of Garfield.)

But these days...other than my stubborn loyalty to Calvin and Hobbes...it's going to be all George Broderick.