View Single Post
Old 06-05-2008, 12:59 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
DH Got Laid off.

I don't even know what to say. He's worked hard for this company for three years. He's saved them time, money and resources. He's worked overtime without asking for pay and he's definitely gone above and beyond his job description and they told him Monday that there just wasn't enough work for him.

I'm just ready to pull my hair out. Thankfully we have some money in savings but I'm just heartbroken because that money is the result of sacrifice and struggle and we were planning to use it for a much needed vacation and as a down payment on a house within the next year or so. Now we'll have to use it to survive and hope it lasts long enough to keep us afloat until he finds another job.

We'll lose our medical/dental insurance. Oh, sure, we could keep it through COBRA if we could afford the $1200 per month premium...which we couldn't afford even if DH still HAD a job...now that he's without income, there's no way we can afford that much to keep insurance.

I can't stop crying. I want to be supportive for my DH but I'm just crushed. Of course, he's applied for unemployment and he's looking for a job but the market is tough right now and even with his qualifications it's going to be difficult. He's got some leads but most are out of town which would require either a long commute (not good with gas prices being the way they are) or us moving (not good because I would have to quit my awesome job that I love).

We just had to deal with the death of my father-in-law last October and DH's major surgeries/infections last August - November. We're just getting back on our feet from that and now this? I don't know how much more I can handle.