View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

irishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elfirishgirl is a good elf
Do you have a Debbie Downer in your family?

I have a D2 at work as well. Everyday she is unhappy. Either she doesn't feel well or she is having money problems. She wants everyone to feel sorry for her because she is a single mom. I know how hard it can be to parent alone. I have the up most respect for people who parent alone. I was raised by a single parent and everyday I am amazed at what she accomplished. When I try to reassure her and tell her she is doing a good job and everyone has money problems (have you seen the price of gas?) she gets upset and tells me I just don't understand. I think there are people in the world that aren't happy unless they are unhappy. I try to find joy in everyday (don't always succeed but try). My husband has the best saying... when asked how is he today he replys "I woke up on the right side of the grass so I would say I am GREAT!" Life is too short to dwell and complain