View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 02:48 PM
mammaduke

Auntie thank you so much for sharing your story with us, I know what you mean looking at all the survivors today , seeing so many old faces & meeting a group of new people.We had such a great time & seeing all the angels who took care of me while I was in there was great. So many hugs & kisses from everyone & for everyone, even met 8 of my doctors 12 kids & his wife.

I know what you feel doing the walk because we do the Leukemia walk every year, it's called Light the Night & cancer patients carry white balloons, family, & friends carry red, & there is a gold balloon in memory of someone who passed from Leukemia or Lymphomia.I have a team with 25 members which include family of a gentleman I met in the hospital while having treatments who died 4 months after his diagnoise, & members of my family. Seeing the balloons all lite up as we walk our 2 miles is a sight to see, they have a video at www.Lightthelight.org.Last year we had 2,500 people walking & raised over $195,000.00 for our area.
I will pm you his name so you could walk in memory of him please.
You are such a loving person Auntie, good luck on the walk.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
cipalla (06-08-2008)