View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I hope it ok that I am also contributing a recipe for Christmas cookies too. This is a recipe I use every year...they are soft and really good.
Sour Cream Christmas Cookie
1c. Shortening
2c. Sugar
2 eggs (well beaten)
1 tsp. of vanilla
1c. Sour Cream
4 c. Flour (I use white/all purpose Medal Gold or Store brand)
1 tsp. Soda
2 tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 tsp. Salt
In a large bowl blend together shortening, sugar, eggs, vanilla and 1/2 cup sour cream....
add 1/2 c. of flour, then the soda,baking powder and salt... mix/blend together...
then add the rest of the sour cream and flour... mix/blend it all together.
Chill your dough for 1 hr.
Roll out cookie dough on a floured board (counter top) a little at a time. Cut out and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8 to 10 min.
** One thing I have learned about making these is when I roll out my dough I don't roll it real thin. I leave them a little thick so they are super soft**

Also....You can make these cookies ahead of time and freeze them and decorate at a later time. They don't lose their flavor. Just make sure they are 100% cooled off so they don't stick together and break into many pieces. I let mine cool and then put them in a zip loc freeze bag.

~Enjoy~