View Single Post
Old 06-20-2008, 08:30 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Woooooohooooooo!!!!!!!

Okay, so I'm sitting at work this morning, feeling pretty down because life is just...well...cruddy lately when my sister Mandy, her DH, their four kids and my sister Sarah come strolling in. Not that unusual really...they sometimes bring the kids by on Friday to say "hi".

So, they all come trooping into the office and the conversation goes something like this:

Mandy: Hey, we just stopped by to check and see how you're doing.

Me: I'm doing fine...how bout you guys?

Mandy: Well...I was doing okay until a few seconds ago...DH pulled into the parking space next to yours a little too close and I dinged your door with mine when I opened it.

Me: Oh, that's okay, no biggie.

Mandy: No. I really think you need to come have a look at it because I really nailed it hard. I had no idea it was that close (glaring at her DH).

Me: No, really, it's no big deal. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think.

Mandy: Honestly. I think your DH is going to kill me, I chipped the paint and everything. It's a pretty big ding. I'd feel better if you came and had a look.

Her DH looked completely miserably guilty and my sister Sarah chimed in to tell me that I really *should* go have a look at the car because it really *was* a good sized gash.

So, I heave a big sigh and head for the office door. After all, things have been pretty crappy lately so why wouldn't my sister have dented/dinged my car door? I take two steps out of the office door and something red at the corner of my eye catches my attention. I turned to see who was standing there and it was....

....MY BROTHER!!!! Finally home on leave!! The little turkey didn't tell anyone in the family that he was coming home. He's active duty Air Force and we haven't seen him in over a year. He did a stint in the desert and then went back to his home base in Japan. He was supposed to come home a couple of times but his leave got pulled back because of other deployments so we all were really thinking we weren't going to get to see him anytime soon. But now he's here!!!