View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

yuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry dispositionyuletide has shown a merry disposition
holly You are all so darn kind...

Why can't I have friends around here like all of you? WEll, I am just going to trust that God has a plan for me. I just wanted to hang the thing on my wall. My job is very part time and I work from home. I sign off on service logs after reading them. This would have just boosted my ego, I guess. My father was always after me to get the license as he aged. He was a Clinical Psychologist and had his own office next door to our home. My brother is also a psychologist - but not very organized. So, he always wished I would do it. I told him that I put my kids first and that was that. He respected that. At the end, he had brain tumors and said some cruel stuff - but I know he didn't mean it. (Like I wasn't setting a good example for the boys by staying home etc.) Again, 2 large brain tumors! The day before he died, I was at the nursing home and helping him in the bed. When he got comfortable, I remember asking him. "Dad, are you proud of how I turned out?" His reply "Always have been, always will be..." He died the next afternoon. I will never forget it - and I appreciate all of you so much.
Yule