View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Christmasologist

SparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSparkleNana would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Jody664, you put your finger on one of the MOST helpful parts of Christmas planning -- figuring out what gave us trouble last year, and trying to do something about it this year.

For me - it was cramming TOO MUCH into the last few days before Christmas. So I was really tired on Christmas Eve last year -- and had to skip an event that would have been beautiful. I've thought about it a lot. I think I am going to have to put REST as item #1 on my planninbg list -- at least for those crucial days right before Christmas. "Rest" is really boring and I prefer to ignore it and just keep cramming things in. But - it turns out it is necessary - for me. (Plus, a tired me is cranky and really horrible and nobody wants to be around me when I'm tired.)

It sounds so simple -- just do everything well in advance. But it is NOT simple when Christmas is your favorite time of the year and you want to make it absolutely wonderful for yourself and everyone else! And you end up doing and buying and baking and wrapping and decorating more and more and more. So I have to do some "mental work" on accepting when "enough is enough".

It really does help to think about it now.