View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 10:22 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,059 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
tree

The last major blizzard with significant snow amounts we had was back in 1993 one week after my daughter had our grandson and they were staying here with us. I was so glad the baby came early because our local hospital does not deliver babies and it would have been hard getting her to the hospital 30 miles away. The governor closed down highways, in fact the road in front of our house was closed. I was so glad we were all safe in our home and no need to go anywhere. A blizzard is very bad with little visibility and sometimes none.
We do get blowing snow which reduces visibility which makes me very nervous to be in a car. Thank goodness for mail boxes for that's the only guide you have that you are still on the road.
I use to like snow until I moved where I live now.

We did have a beautiful Christmas eve snow where we lived before moving here. The snow was falling so beautifully (I didn't mind it then). Our kids were tucked into bed, with visions of sugar plums dancing oops that's another story. Anyway my hubby went out to shovel and he was gone a very long time. I went outside and called for him, no answer. I could not imagine where he went but I had no choice but to stay inside with the kids and wait.
Hours later he finally returned. He said he was down at the end of our driveway and a car stopped, the poor elderly woman's husband was sick and she was frantic, could not drive, so my husband took them to the hospital. So I could not be angry at him but it was scary for me but I'm glad he was there for that dear couple.