Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,430
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Gift 2 The History of My Merry...
By Jeff Westover
10-12-2002 09:20 PM
58,444 Views  0 Posts
How to Stick to Your...
By MMC Editor
11-20-2011 01:43 PM
48,490 Views  0 Posts
Developing an Attitude...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:24 PM
45,132 Views  0 Posts
In Honor of the...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:16 PM
44,059 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2005
By MMC Editor
06-11-2005 11:02 PM
39,218 Views  0 Posts

Old 08-03-2006, 03:55 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
A dry spell

Have we hit a dry spell here? No, I'm not talking about the number of days since I enjoyed a good cup of eggnog. I'm talking about the lack of posts. We are a streaky bunch (and I'm guessing that most of us are too old to be streaking.), talking up a storm for a couple days and then not saying anything for a couple more. Yes, I know school is starting and your kids need new clothes and you have been reading your son's required summer reading with him just so he is allowed back, but that's no excuse to ignore the important things. Come on, I have too much to say to be by myself! 8)
Old 08-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
i have been a tad preoccupied with the back-to-back deaths of two friends. unrelated. one a car wreck and one was ill tho he hadnt told any of us he was sick.

i keep checking in here but nobody is saying anything!!

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 08-04-2006, 01:11 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,887 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Elfworks, sorry to hear your sad news. Hope you are holding up ok.

Sheep: Sorry, I'm dealing with a huge project in Denver for the next couple of months and I have been there since late Monday and just barely rolled in about 20 minutes ago. I'm going to be in and out like this for a while. The best news? No travel next week, for the first time in about a month.

Jeff
Old 08-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

digbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry dispositiondigbugsgirl has shown a merry disposition
I pop in twice a day (on weekdays). I have noticed that the posts are getting a little slow. Maybe everybody has been out of the mood with this heat???

Brandy
Old 08-04-2006, 02:59 PM
On the Naughty List

The heat sure can zap you into apathy. However, I always appreciate August heat because it makes me long for fall. I, too, am sorry about your friends, Elfworks. It seems that when it rains, it pours bad news. Have you folks noticed that even though you are out of town or grieving or suffering from heat related illnesses, you still check in at MMC? Truly a Christmas-crazy bunch. I'm proud to know you all. 8)
Old 08-06-2006, 02:44 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

skiparooney is a new face around here!
I been poppin in and out all year. But Ive been all alone and no-one to have a chat too Anyway ... glad we all seem to be gettin back together again now though .... talk soon
Old 08-06-2006, 05:00 AM
MMC Hostess of Christmas Online

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,408 Times in 809 Posts
AuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the treeAuntieMistletoeDear you could wrap up and put under the tree
It's a little odd that I have posted more in the last three weeks than I had since I joined. I've been busy off and on all summer, but when it's hot and humid outside - the computer room isn't a bad place to be. And posting about Christmas (I usually have snow in early November) makes it seem cooler.

I am sorry to hear about your friends too, Elfworks. I'll keep you in my thoughts.

Old 08-15-2006, 01:22 PM
On the Naughty List

The saying goes, "When the cat's away, the mice will play." The cat (Jeff) is away, but there's no playing going on. We have had a few stormy and cloudy days lately, so it's almost enough to make me think fall. Kids are in school, the Halloween stuff is starting to show up. It's beginning to look a lot like pre-Christmas!
Old 08-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
well i am keen for some holiday banter! i had a festive day yesterday. overate. anyway, as far as i am concerned, summer is over when my birthday is over, so i am full speed ahead for fall!

been working on a new fall wreath for my new apt. am also making up a batch of fall potpourri with pinecones and ribbon (hard to explain...)

but play away my friend, this little mousie aint scared of no cat!

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 08-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
I don't know about the rest of yall but when fall hits I am ready for thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving eve, were preparing food, the family is together. We get music channels through are cable company and one of the channels is 'Holidays & Happenings' on November 1 they start the Christmas music. Thanksgiving day comes and we watch the parade, eat the food, watch some football, and hang out with the family. Ofcourse the next day is black Friday, so my mom and aunt go shopping around 5 AM and usually don't come back till 11 PM. That saturday (If we haven't already) we put up the decorations. If we have started already we do the outdoor decorations that day. Sorry the post is so long I have not replied lately. and the last few weeks my Sunday schedule has been full after church so I haven't been able to make Sunday night chat. for those of you wondering, I was not able to go through the decorations, a friend is keeping stuff here, she is moving to an apartment. Hope yall are having a great summer.