Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Merry Christmas Radio » "The Night Before Christmas" in our own voices!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Merry Christmas Radio Visit Merry Christmas Radio.comProgramming notes, requests, dedications and all other conversation related to Merry Christmas Radio -- click here to listen to our stream of year round Christmas programming. MCR is completely user driven by our forum members and is led by our notorious music fanatic, JayIsh and his growing staff of radio, music and audio merrymakers.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,845
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,865)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 09-30-2008, 11:43 AM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,238 Times in 2,287 Posts
RadioJonD has disabled reputation
"The Night Before Christmas" in our own voices!

Kelly Ann started a thread about favorite accents. - http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...ad.php?t=11459

This thread got me hyped on an idea Iíve had for about the last four years. Is there enough interest? So far,there hasn't been any.

Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
I've tried for about the last four years to have folks record Christmas greetings, poems, stories, etc. to share on a Christmas CD. Now, with Merry Christmas Radio, I would like to do the same!

In my four years of asking, not one person has ever sent me anything. Dare I bring it up again?

I would really like to put together "The Night Before Christmas" using as many of you as possible.
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
i would love to! what an amazing idea! the only problem is, i am not very technological, how would i record my voice for you??
The best way is to use a digital audio recorder (like the ones students use to record lectures). Record, upload to computer, and send as a wav/MP3, etc. Another method is to just use a video camera in the same manner. You don't have to worry 'bout what's on showing on the screen. Just make sure the audio quality is good.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:48 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
Ooooh yes - I'm definitely in!! Haven't a scoobie how to do it (even with your explicit instructions!) but I'd love to!!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Santa Clausologist

officepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elfofficepro4u is a good elf
Count me in!!!! Do we record the entire 'Twas the Night... and you'll edit our voices in and out?? I think this is a great idea!!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:04 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Yes how will this work? Theres not that many parts, its really just a narrator
isnt it?
Old 09-30-2008, 12:16 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
Yes how will this work? Theres not that many parts, its really just a narrator
isnt it?
Depending on the number of participants, each one will be reading a particular passage. For instance, OfficePro4U starts: “‘Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house…” the next person says, “…not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse…”, etc. If there is an overwhelming number of participants (which ain’t ever happened yet), we can just have two or more versions!

Again, I’ve tried this several different times at various forums and haven’t had the first bite. It may not fly here either. There is always a rush of enthusiasm and then no one sends anything. I’m cautiously optimistic this time.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,469 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
If I can figure out a way to record it, I'll definitely send it. I think my MP3 player has a built in microphone so I'll look into that
Old 09-30-2008, 11:50 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
ok you lost me! as i say, i am not technological in the slightest, i don't have one of those voice recorder things! is there any other way?

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 09-30-2008, 12:07 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
ok you lost me! as i say, i am not technological in the slightest, i don't have one of those voice recorder things! is there any other way?
I suppose I could accept mailed audio cassettes if anyone has a recorder laying around they could use.
Old 09-30-2008, 12:01 PM
♪♫Mistletoe Mixologist♪♫

Last Achievements

Yes, Diana. In the case of our reading "The Night Before Christmas", each participant would have to record and submit the whole poem. Then I would edit all the audio into the finished work. If you have a favorite passage, let me know and I’ll try to edit to where you are reading it.

Those submitting greetings, song intros, original poems, etc can mostly say what you would like. Examples are, “This is RadioJonD (or Jonathan) from the Merry Network wishing you and yours the Coolest Yule ever this year!” Or “Merry Christmas!, I’m _____ and this is my poem/message/favorite tune just for you on Merry Christmas Radio.”

You get the idea. If you wanted to send messages to MCR DJs, we would love that as well. Something like, “Cool Yule Y’all! This is RadioJonD and you are listening to my close and personal pal, Jayish!; right here on Merry Christmas Radio!”

These are examples. Be original and creative!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:43 AM
On the Naughty List

MerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elfMerryChristmasLydio is a good elf
Originally Posted by RadioJonD View Post
Kelly Ann started a thread about favorite accents. - http://www.mymerrychristmas.com/foru...ad.php?t=11459

This thread got me hyped on an idea Iíve had for about the last four years. Is there enough interest? So far,there hasn't been any.

The best way is to use a digital audio recorder (like the ones students use to record lectures). Record, upload to computer, and send as a wav/MP3, etc. Another method is to just use a video camera in the same manner. You don't have to worry 'bout what's on showing on the screen. Just make sure the audio quality is good.
I would love to, but I have no way of doing it. Matter of fact, I'd probably sing about it instead of just talk about it. LOL!