Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,847
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 10-21-2008, 06:10 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
My neighbours....

oh man!

i'm at the end of my tether with these nutters. i live in a ground floor apartment and next door to me lives this guy and his girlfriend, they are in their 40's but don't live together, she stays a few nights a week. they both have kids from previous relationships, none together.

anyway, he moved in about 6 months ago and every weekend there is world war 3. they shout, scream, smash things and call eachother every name under the sun. me and my OH just turn the tv up and let them get on with it but things are going from bad to worse now.

last week on a monday evening around 11.30pm they started arguing. my OH wasn't in, he was taking his parents to the airport, so i was in alone. i was tempted to call the police, i've never heard it this bad before, i thought one of them was going to kill the other. in the end the woman ran into the front garden that we all share and was screaming like a banshee. when my OH came home, i told him and he went around the next morning and told the guy that he wasn't prepared to put up with it, it had to stop. the guy couldn't aplogise enough and swore it wouldn't happen again. anyways, i am in alone again now, it's 1pm in the afternoon and they are at it again. the language is vile, they are accusing eachother of taking cocaine and being unfaithful, he is smashing things and she is crying. what can i do? if i tell my OH when he gets in, he will go around and give them a piece of his mind, and i think it might make things worse.

it's a lovely little place where we live, all the rest of our neighbours are wonderful, these two are really lowering the tone. they don't work and our stupid government pays for the apartment for them. what a christmas this is gonna be when the wine is flowing....

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:15 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
All Ya can do is complain to the owner,call the cops and keep talking to them about it.If the Goverment pays for their rent,I don't think they can be kicked out right away.It would be awhile before they did.I've got pains for neighbors too.Smell of Pot in the halls,loud music,too many people come and go.Was a nice place until these people moved here..I feel for ya.

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 10-21-2008, 06:25 AM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
Call the cops, call the super, call the owners of the complex
Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,509 Times in 920 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by dvdguy View Post
Call the cops, call the super, call the owners of the complex
I agree!!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 11:46 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
good gosh...some neighbours You have...oh boy...all I can say is...tell it to the Landlord...tell Your other neighbours to tell it to the landlord as well...and tell it to the police the next time....and prevent Your boyfriend from doing anye thing...he will be the one who gets punished in the end......and also call the place that pays their rent...I guess if all the neighbours complain for some time...something should happen...I hope

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
thanks guys, it's just getting on my last nerve. i just keep thinking of my peaceful christmas being ruined! plus, i don't want my boyfriend to lose his temper, as you say tanja, it will be him who ends up punished...

Old 10-21-2008, 06:29 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
It's so frustrating to have bad neighbors at such close quarters. Have you spoken with the manager about your neighbors disruptive behavior? If that doesn't help, I would call the police and have them come round and quiet things down. Maybe the neighbors would learn to control their rages if they knew every time they acted out like that the police would be coming round to sort it out?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:42 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

the thing is my partner owns this apartment, he has a mortgage, them 2 next door, well it's getting paid for them. why should we have to put up with that?

maybe i could call their landlord and make him aware? seriously, i can just imagine this christmas when they have had a bit to drink. i will be FURIOUS. i won't have anyone ruin my christmas!

we also have a chairlady who holds a meeting every other month, i should probably make her aware and ask her to address it at the next meeting.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:53 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,151 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Ok so HE owns it,and they are renting the other Apt. ok so talk to THEIR landlord,The Chairlady.anyone who can help.You have rights too,I mean ya man owns it! keep raising hell for them.talk to other owners,ask them to complain if they can..

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 10-21-2008, 07:06 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,157 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I would call the owners and complain. I know exactly what you're going through Johnor because Ive had a hell of a month with my neighbours.
I have lived here for over two years and never had any bother from anyone until the council put a permit only parking space opposite. My neighbour opposite has a nutty thing in which her car has to be parked outside her house whenever and whatever.My dad parked in her space a few times , even though he shouldnt, so she complained to my landlord that I was causing a noise nuisance and that me and my husband have arguments in the street (we do not!!! as im not that common). My landlord even had to come around to 'investigate' this complaint too, but thankfully I have decent neighbours on either side who know what kind of a person this woman is because she has reported other people and has arguments with her neighbours about the car parking business, lol,so the case was dropped, to be honest I dont even think the landlord believed it. It goes to show how petty some people are!!