Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Does Your S/O LOVE Christmas Too?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,438
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Christmas Candles
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:20 PM
54,020 Views  0 Posts
Feast of Fools
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:33 PM
54,037 Views  0 Posts
santahat Santa Speaks 2013
By MMC Editor
10-03-2013 11:07 AM
14,257 Views  0 Posts
The Parent-Santa...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:29 PM
45,749 Views  0 Posts
Learning the True...
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:02 PM
44,719 Views  0 Posts

Old 10-22-2008, 07:36 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
light Does Your S/O LOVE Christmas Too?

S/O meaning Significant Other

Do they get into Christmas as much as you do? With the decorating of the tree and putting up the light's and other decoration's outside .Helping with the Christmas shopping .Cooking/baking .Get excited about the first snow .Listen to the music ,watch the holiday show's.

My b/f of 5 and 1/2 year's likes Christmas but not as much as I do . He decorates the outside by putting up the light's and the nativity .He loves to shop and I love it when he helps out in the kitchen as he is a better cook than I 'am .

I've bought a lot of "new" Christmas decoration's this year at yard sale's and flea market's . He told me that we're gonna have to find a bigger house so I will have place's to put it all up .

Do they love Christmas enough that they would join MMC? As for mine ...I would have to say ,No.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

pinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elfpinkini is a good elf
haha. he enjoys the holiday but no, he is not into it like i am. he would never join MMC and thinks i am a little crazy, in a good way
Old 10-22-2008, 07:49 AM
One Happy lil Elf
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,149 Times in 816 Posts
Mumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happyMumof2 makes Santa very happy
Im getting him there,my kids LOVE christmas though..

Pray for Peace People Everywhere!
Victoria
Old 10-22-2008, 08:03 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,085 Times in 711 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
good thread!

my S/O and i have been together for just under 6 years, before i met him, he kinda liked christmas but was not the type to look forward to it, since then every year he has slowly gotten more and more festive. he now really likes the season and likes to enjoy it the best he can with christmas movies/music/lots of food and drink etc..

he's not quite as christmas crazy as us lot, but he definately enjoys it.

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
Ms_Speedy_Elf (10-22-2008)
Old 10-22-2008, 08:18 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
My husband once said that he didn't like Christmas! But, he changed his mind after 1 Christmas with me. He likes when I decorate and bake but, he's not into it like I am. Sometimes he'll come down to the game room and he'll hear the stereo playing and then he'll say, "Hun, It's July! Why are we listening to Christmas music?" I tell him to be quiet that I like it! He goes along with stuff because he knows that it means a lot to me. I plan my whole life around how things will affect Christmas. He's gotten into the spirit a little bit more each year, one time he even said that on his way home from work he switched to a radio station that was playing Christmas music and he actually left it there. He doesn't like snow, he hates decorating and he shops online for me for everything! He lets me do everything else. The only decoration he will put up is the big wreath on the side of the house. He loves that wreath so he'll put that up but, that's it. If I need help outside he'll help but, I usually work alone. I do all the trees, outside lights, shopping, wrapping gifts, baking and planning. He just shows up and makes sure my gifts are wrapped. The 1 thing he does for me is he knows how I am like a kid when it comes to Christmas and I don't want to see all of the gifts under the tree before the morning comes so, he lets me put his stuff out first. Then I go to bed and he finishes wrapping my gifts and arrainges them around the tree. He leaves the tree on too because I like to wake up to the tree being on. Then when I get up in the morning it's more of a surprise to see all of the gifts under the tree! I love it. He knows better than to mess with my Christmas and so does everybody else in my life! He also likes to watch some Christmas movies but, not all year like I do. He likes Elf, Christmas Vacation and he'll let me watch Christmas Story for the entire 24 hours if I want!
Old 10-22-2008, 08:21 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Ms_Speedy_Elf has disabled reputation
Oh I forgot to add that my b/f does the majority of the gift wrapping too ,as he is also better at doing that as well.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:49 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,469 Times in 910 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
My husband liked Christmas when we first got together. Each year he seems to enjoy more and more of it. Starts shopping earlier. He used to wait until the week before Christmas to start. Not now! He started yesterday! LOL! I love to bake and bake alot of stuff during the holidays. He would stay out of the kitchen except when he came in to raid the goodies. Now he helps the kids decorate th cookies and helps with the cut out sugar cookies. We now start talking about decorating around Sept/Oct instead of the week we would put up the decorations. It's taken 10 years to get him to this point but hey a little improvement year each is better then none. And no I do not ever see him joining here. Our kids on the other hand are taking after me when it comes to the holidays!
Old 10-22-2008, 06:08 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

mac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elfmac55 is a good elf
Nope!!
It's quite the opposite.
She finds it nothing but stressful...
She lets me have my fun with and likes the eggnog and food...but that's about it.
Especially that we host my family party every Christmas eve for the last 7 or 8 years.

When does the Eggnog come out??
LoL!

Cheers

ML
Old 10-22-2008, 06:14 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class

bhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elfbhenson is a good elf
holly

No way my hubby is Ebenizer Scrooge. He hates CHristmas about as much as I love it! But he will let me put my tree up on halloween even though it embarrasses him when we get company! I will give him some credit he wraps my gifts himself even though I usually know what I get for christmas
Old 10-22-2008, 08:45 PM
Santa Clausologist

auntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elfauntieclaus is a good elf
My DH doesn't love Christmas, but he let's me go wild. The only thing that he does to get ready is come with us to to cut down our tree, bring it in the house and Christmas Shop for me. Everything is on my to do list, and I wouldn't have it any other way!!