Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Music » YES!!! I hit a jackpot at the used CD shop!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Music Scripture doesn't say it be we know those angels were singing at the manger. And music has been the heart of Christmas ever since.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,079
Threads: 53,836
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, MistleToeSnow

Old 11-05-2008, 12:29 PM
Merry KISSmas
Last Achievements

Mr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elf
YES!!! I hit a jackpot at the used CD shop!

After calling and calling for weeks and weeks they finally put out their used Christmas CDs at a used Record/CD shop that I frequent... and I really struck it big today. I hate to act like I'm bragging, but I'm pretty excited that I got to add (and upgrade) a bunch of stuff to my collection.

Here's what I grabbed and how much it cost...

American Idol - The Great Holiday Classics (w/ Kelly Clarkson bonus disc) - 1.00
The New Andy Williams Christmas Album - Live from his Moon River Theater - 1.00
Holy Night - The Mantovani Orchestra - 1.00
The Pat Boone Family Christmas (1979) - 1.00
The Platters - A Christmas Album - 1.99
Glenn Miller Orchestra - In The Christmas Mood (2 CDs) - 1.99
Andy Williams - Personal Christmas Collection - 1.99
Burl Ives Christmas Album - 1.99
Clay Aiken - Merry Christmas With Love - 1.99
The Holiday Tribute To AC/DC (Christmas versions of AC/DC hits... yeah I know ??? ) - 1.99
Jessica Simpson - Rejoyce - 1.99
Donny Osmond - Christmas At Home - 1.99
Elliott Yamin - My Kind of Christmas - 1.99 (glad I returned the one I paid 9.99 for)
'Gold Sound' - Selection of Merry Christmas - 1.99 (a 2 cd compilation on gold discs featuring Crosby, Clooney, Sinatra, Platters, etc...)
Mariah Carey - Merry Christmas - 1.99 (it was weird... at first I had a copy in my hand for 4.99 but then I found this one for 1.99 and it had 2 bonus tracks and the flip side is a DVD with 8 music videos... go figure)
The Temptations Christmas Card - 1.99
Ray Charles - The Spirit Of Christmas - 2.99 (I was so fired up about this one... right now it's going for over $35 on Amazon)
Diana Ross & The Supremes - Merry Christmas - 2.99
The Manhattan Transfer - the Christmas Album - 2.99
Chicago - 25 The Christmas Album - 2.99
Chris Isaak - Christmas - 2.99
John Denver & The Muppets - A Christmas Together - 2.99
The Staple Singers - the 25th Day Of December - 4.99
Paul Revere and the Raiders - A Christmas Past & Present - 5.99
and...
Aretha Franklin - This Christmas - 7.99 (this one is pricey, but I'm getting a little short of breath anticipating hearing the Queen of Soul do 'Ave Maria' - despite the bad reviews I saw on Amazon)

on a side note... I just got an e-mail notification from my library. I requested an inter-library loan for Robert Goulet's A Personal Christmas Collection (a CD that has eluded me for quite some time) and it finally came in from a library in Pittsburgh. At least now I'll have a decent copy of it, until I find my own copy for a reasonable price.
HollyJolly (07-20-2013)
Old 11-05-2008, 12:42 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,723 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
wow this is a lot of good music!!! congrats on finding them

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 11-05-2008, 12:54 PM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
WOW! bargain!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Ya gotta love a good score...I know I sure do. Great finds!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Webmaster Partner, Why Christmas?

Last Achievements

whychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoewhychristmas would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Cool! I love the sound of John Denver & the Muppets - you just can't go wrong
Old 11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Merry KISSmas
Last Achievements

Mr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elfMr Walker is a good elf
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
wow this is a lot of good music!!! congrats on finding them
That's weird... they had the CD that you are using for your avatar there.
I new it looked familiar... LOL!

The AC/DC cd is very weird, but a fun transition into Christmas... especially at work where I'm not quite ready to subject everyone to a blatant Christmas onslaught.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:15 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
awesome prices!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:17 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,723 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Mr Walker View Post
That's weird... they had the CD that you are using for your avatar there.
I new it looked familiar... LOL!

The AC/DC cd is very weird, but a fun transition into Christmas... especially at work where I'm not quite ready to subject everyone to a blatant Christmas onslaught.
haha...thatīs really funny....if I found it...I would have bought it....these are some insanely rare items....

I might have bought the ACDC thing as well...just cos I would think it was funny...Iīm not really in heavy metal...but itīs fun

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
Merry KISSmas
Last Achievements

Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
haha...thatīs really funny....if I found it...I would have bought it....these are some insanely rare items....

I might have bought the ACDC thing as well...just cos I would think it was funny...Iīm not really in heavy metal...but itīs fun
Well if it's still there when I go back, I will buy it for you.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
How exciting it is to find good deals. Good for you.