Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Media > Movies » Can anyone see of any Christmas Movies.....

Movies From 100+ year old silent films to new releases here we discussed the good, the bad and the ugly of Christmas at the movies.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,944)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Rudolph Controversy
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:21 PM
47,938 Views  0 Posts
Gift 2 Holiday Twist: Themed...
By MMC Editor
11-01-2012 12:32 AM
0 Posts
Christmas in Europe
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:21 PM
0 Posts
I Always Felt So Special
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:20 PM
45,421 Views  0 Posts
My Neighbor, My Friend
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:31 PM
49,419 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-14-2008, 03:40 AM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Can anyone see of any Christmas Movies.....

Hi there all and Merry Christmas to come!

Right...I noticed a thread about movies that people like that are Christmas themed and on TV.

It got me to wondering if anyone knows of any Christmas movies that are on TV in the very near future. I check daily, but as of yet I've not seen ANY which considering that its mid November, I find unusual!

I am in the UK, but I have sky (which I am sure has some of the same channels as the US).

Old 11-14-2008, 05:46 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,156 Times in 714 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I think Jingle All The Way was on channel 5 a week or so ago, but no, I havent been aware of any on the tv otherwise.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:27 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Hmmm...hopefully someone from the UK will be able to give you an idea of when Christmas movies are going to be shown in your area. Do you have acesses to a tv guide type listing that you can search?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:36 AM
Santa Clausologist

VeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoeVeryWelshXmasLover would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
What, what whaaat? I missed Jingle all the Way??? I looooove that film!

Yes Sunshine, I have a TV guide facility with my Sky Package, but for some mysterious reason, I fail to see all Christmas themed films lol
Old 11-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

almcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry dispositionalmcg has shown a merry disposition
I've noticed that Sky movies Family have shown a few but they've either been on very early in the morning or during the night. I suppose it's so people can Sky+ them. But I've watched a couple that have been on during the day like Home for Christmas,Grounded and Jack Frost.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:38 AM
Santa Clausologist

Thanks almcg. See what I mean though - I had no idea that those films were even on! I've never seen Jack Frost either so I would have liked to have watched it (I'm sure that it will be on again though).
Old 11-14-2008, 10:04 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by VeryWelshXmasLover View Post
Hi there all and Merry Christmas to come!

Right...I noticed a thread about movies that people like that are Christmas themed and on TV.

It got me to wondering if anyone knows of any Christmas movies that are on TV in the very near future. I check daily, but as of yet I've not seen ANY which considering that its mid November, I find unusual!

I am in the UK, but I have sky (which I am sure has some of the same channels as the US).

non on channels 1-5 as of yet, but there are some on sky, here's some listings -

Monday 17th November - Christmas Do over - 14.45pm - Sky Movies 1
Tuesday 18th Novmber - Holidaze: The Christmas that almost didn't happen - 12.20pm - Sky Movies Family
Friday 21st November - A Christmas Visitor - 10.30am - Movies 24
Saturday 22nd November - Christmas on Chestnut Street - 6.30am - Sky Movies Family

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Santa Clausologist

Johnor, you gem!!

See, I checked through the listings again today for the next 5 days and I spotted NONE of the ones that you just told me about - it's madness I tell ya!
Old 11-15-2008, 11:07 AM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

winterwonderland88 has shown a merry disposition
I can't believe I missed Jingle All the Way!!

Here's the link for the BBC's Christmas coverage, currently showing up to 12th December, and still no Christmas movies!! I guess that's not totally unusual for the Beeb, they can be quite late with their festivities, but still, 12th December and nothing? Scrooges!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/pro...on_dates.shtml
Old 11-16-2008, 05:16 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
i know that channel 4 showed elf on 1st december last year.

you are best with sky movies, they show a couple of christmas movies a week atleast. you should also check on UKTV gold and DAVE as they show alot of sitcom christmas specials.

i guess with the credit crunch our channels (1-5) are holding out until a little closer to christmas. i predict we will start seeing festive programmes/films from about 15th december. although, i imagine we will see one or two before that.

Despite my username, I am female!