Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Retro » Are you nostalgic?

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,431
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,408)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
My Christmas of 1947
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:58 PM
45,066 Views  0 Posts
Santa Speaks 2010
By MMC Editor
06-11-2010 11:17 PM
58,202 Views  0 Posts
Home Alone (Movie Review)
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
Last post by Joyfully yours
11-03-2013 06:28 PM
49,752 Views  2 Posts
The Year the Reindeer...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:17 PM
64,052 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part II:...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:43 PM
58,627 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-06-2009, 03:03 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Paul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elf
Are you nostalgic?

Do you enjoy researching & remembering things from your generation? Toys from when you were a kid, how much electronic items have changed, things you miss, etc etc?

Is there one area that is your favorite when it comes to nostalgia ?

I kind of like remembering some of the old toys I used to enjoy as a kid. Another thing I kind of regret is throwing away old catalogs, I sometimes wish I had some of them to remember how things were like when I was younger.
Old 02-06-2009, 05:58 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I look up vintage toys or vintage tupperware on ebay all the time! I love to see what is on there and if it's something that I remember having as a kid. My dad used to sell tupperware so we had just about everything under the sun that was tupperware! All of it was green, yellow and orange, so 70's!

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
Old 02-06-2009, 08:25 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

Paul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elfPaul_C_NB is a good elf
Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
I look up vintage toys or vintage tupperware on ebay all the time! I love to see what is on there and if it's something that I remember having as a kid. My dad used to sell tupperware so we had just about everything under the sun that was tupperware! All of it was green, yellow and orange, so 70's!
ahhh yes we still have some of that vintage tupperware kicking around, it never dies!
The Following User Says Thank You to Paul_C_NB For This Useful Post:
Santa's Helper (02-07-2009)
Old 02-06-2009, 08:31 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Oh yes indeed. I love to look back at the glory days of the 80s. I find the sights and sounds still pleasing. It was a great time.
Old 02-06-2009, 08:58 PM
MMC Associate Editor -- Christmas Foods

Last Achievements

Thanked 45,242 Times in 7,243 Posts
Meceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMeceka leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Yes I am. I collect vintage glassware - takes a lot of research to know what to buy. Plus, I was history major in college
Old 02-06-2009, 09:00 PM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,291 Times in 608 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
??

am I?

We are in the RETRO section here and lovin it!

and my toy room with items from the 50s to the 80s....
=)

Old 02-07-2009, 02:18 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Location: Mersea Island, UK - Moving to Vancouver, Canada 2012
singingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elfsingingringingtree is a good elf
We found a shop before Christmas called Harpers Bazzar which sold lots of toys and games from my childhood - all in same packing.

They had Fuzzy Felt sets, the face with the iron filings and a magnetic pen so you can create hair styles and facial hair, my first ever school reading books (Janet and John), stylophone (the Rolf Harris one) and loads more.

It was very nostalgic. I was tempted to buy a stylophone - I remember practising 'Moon River' on it all over Christmas one year. Unfortunately shop now gone (victim of credit crunch) but they do mail order so I migh just treat myself.

The Following User Says Thank You to singingringingtree For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (02-07-2009)
Old 02-07-2009, 02:55 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 15,984 Times in 3,675 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love watching documentaries about the 40-90s even....I love to see old toys...old magazines...and I´m into records.....the only thing I buy tho is old records...and I´m just starting to do so....but I am nostalgic...as probably most people are somehow....most everyone loves to see things from their childhood

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
MaureenMulligan (03-30-2009), rodmonster (02-07-2009)
Old 03-30-2009, 07:53 PM
Santa Clausologist

MaureenMulligan has shown a merry dispositionMaureenMulligan has shown a merry dispositionMaureenMulligan has shown a merry dispositionMaureenMulligan has shown a merry dispositionMaureenMulligan has shown a merry disposition
Wow!!! Thank you for sharing the pic of your toy room! What a rush just to see all those treasures!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MaureenMulligan For This Useful Post:
rodmonster (04-14-2009)
Old 02-07-2009, 02:42 AM
Christmasologist

Wenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoeWenceslaus would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Nostalgic to the core. Movies from the 1920s. Sports cars from the 1960s. Eighteenth and Nineteenth century literature. Clothing from the 1940s. I long ago stopped collecting things, though, because possessions eventually own the collector instead of the other way around, if you know what I mean. For the most part, after I finish watching a DVD (most of which I rent), or reading a book (many of which I borrow from the library), I want to move on to something I haven't read or seen yet. If I want to revisit some work, I know where to find a copy.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wenceslaus For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (06-24-2010), rodmonster (02-07-2009)