Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Valentine's Day: The Great Debate

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
If Only She Hadn't Winked
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:18 PM
Last post by caninemomssister
12-01-2013 05:36 PM
57,243 Views  1 Posts
Gift 2 Yes, Virginia -- There...
By MMC Editor
05-30-2002 01:39 PM
0 Posts
“The Great Adventure of...
By MerryCarey
05-17-2012 11:16 AM
30,997 Views  0 Posts
Bells The Nativity Part IV: He...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:47 PM
66,463 Views  0 Posts
Santa in My Backyard
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:32 PM
43,784 Views  0 Posts
View Poll Results: Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?
Yes! It's a big deal in our house, we go all out! 3 16.67%
Kinda. Someone ends up with flowers or candy or something... 11 61.11%
Nope. 4 22.22%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Valentine's Day: The Great Debate

My Side:

When I was in high school and college, I used to hate Valentine's day because I used to always end up being the only single one of my friends. Luckily, for the past three Valentine's Day, I've been blessed to be with my now-hubby, but I have refused to celebrate Valentine's. Why? I don't think we should need a specific day to treat each other special. My husband has had flowers delivered to me on a random day...a Tuesday I think...he's come home and told me to get dressed up because he's taking me out to dinner, he's brought me my favorite dessert, etc. I think if you truly love someone, you shouldn't pick that one nationally recognized day to treat them special, you should take it upon yourself to do something for them every now and then that you know they'll appreciate. Whether it's stopping by the store to get their favorite candy without them asking you or taking them out to their favorite restaurant. In other words, in my opinion, every day has the potential to be Valentine's day. I'm not just thankful for my friends and family during Thanksgiving and Christmas, I try to make sure they know I'm thankful for them at all times. Every night I lay down, I try to remember to thank God for everything I have the same way I do during the holidays.
Annette1990 (02-09-2009), momnan30 (02-08-2009), pkcrafty (02-14-2009)
Old 02-08-2009, 08:26 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,680 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
My sentiments exactly!
Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
Amen to that!!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,091 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
we do celebrate valentine's, we buy eachother gifts and cards and spend some time together.

Despite my username, I am female!
Old 02-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,358 Times in 5,604 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
What ReineV said! We don't need a special day to celebrate our feelings. But my DH always observes Valentine's Day as an occasion to give me chocolate!

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

sgrover has disabled reputation
We don't make too big a deal of it at our house, it's also my step son's birthday, so we celebrate that more than Valentines. We do give each other a little token gift, but usually not cards or flowers or anything. We just got a Wii a few weeks ago, so my husband ordered Tetris for me to download on it. That's like the only video game I was ever able to truly play! And I ordered him some shoot 'em up bang bang game that he wanted. So, not overly romantic, but it works for us!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:57 AM
Mayor of The North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,642 Times in 4,416 Posts
Bradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintBradmac leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
We do it mostly for the kids. We buy them some candy and a card, then usually a movie they can share. This year we picked up "Madagascar 2".

Shoot, I want to see that, myself!