Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » What is your favorite Christmas Carol

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,080
Threads: 53,848
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,200)
Welcome to our newest member, Amy_theexplorer

Old 08-05-2009, 08:01 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 80,318 Times in 13,286 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
star What is your favorite Christmas Carol

and why? What does it mean to you and is there a story that goes along with it?
Old 08-05-2009, 08:33 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Snowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry dispositionSnowman1971 has shown a merry disposition
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas!!! I love the happier lyrics version, not the original sadder version. Too me it sums up what the season is about fro me. Putting up a tree, enjoying the good times with friends and family, good food and simple fun.....just a simple "merry little Cristmas." We never spend much money except on decorations and food...dont go all out on the gifts...so to me this song just fits. Also i was a teenager when the Pretenders version came out on the Very Special Christmas album and it is one of my favorite versions.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:08 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love Silent Night....because it´s so beautifull, because it´s about the reason of the season and so festive.

The other one is The Christmas Song......it sums up how I feel during the season....that warm feeling I have all the time, the smells that are everywhere, the lights...everything

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 08-06-2009, 05:19 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

ryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elfryansrs1 is a good elf
If were talking carols not songs then i have 3 main- Hark the herald, the first noel and God bless ye merry gentlemen.

Not a specific reason but they remind me of when i was a child and that brings back very, very happy memories of christmas. Also as there traditional carols they give a real feel to christmas-i like tradition .

I can quite happily sit in my house with the TV off and just some carols on at christmas time. Especialy with the dark nights and windy,wet weather-realy gets me in the festive spirit.

J
Old 08-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,124 Times in 9,459 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love them all actually!!! Some of my favorites are Hark the Herald Angels Sing, Ding Dong Merrily on High, Carol of the Bells, Joy to the World, Mary's Boy Child, Joy to the World and more! Hark the Herald Angels Sing is one of my favorite scenes in A Charlie Brown Christmas, which is the picture of my signature. Charlie Brown is finally happy and knows what Christmas is all about and they sing this song around the tree! All the songs give me a nice peaceful feeling of the holiday.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:01 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 4,781 Times in 1,184 Posts
Snow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the treeSnow-in-Texas you could wrap up and put under the tree
Mine is O' Holy Night, I just love the way it sounds when it is sung right. It is one of the most beautiful songs of any kind as far as I am concerned.

They must be listening to The Greasy Skillet Show. Hosted by RadioJonD! Every Saturday night 8:00 PM - 10:00 PM Eastern time!
Old 08-06-2009, 07:17 AM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,069 Times in 277 Posts
Laney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoeLaney would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I would have to say Silent Night and Angels We Have Heard on High. Those just both bring up such wonderful memories and really get to the heart of Christmas for me...
Old 08-08-2009, 10:09 PM
Merry Forums Tinsel Straightener

jenalin has shown a merry disposition
I would have to say mine would be Sleigh Ride simply because I can remember being about 8 years old, in the dead heat of summer, and listening to a record that had this song on it. There was a little sheet attached that had the lyrics. I listened to it over and over. Even as a child, I was looking forward to Christmas in the middle of the summer. As an adult, I think it just paints a wonderful picture of a Christmas I would like to have in my lifetime.
The Following User Says Thank You to jenalin For This Useful Post:
loksi (08-14-2009)
Old 08-09-2009, 07:30 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 27,323 Times in 4,540 Posts
ballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintballcoach leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
O' Christmas Tree...and Rudolph....good ol Rudolph