Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Do you have an order you decorate in?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,834
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 10-28-2009, 11:43 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

Christmaschick has shown a merry dispositionChristmaschick has shown a merry disposition
Do you have an order you decorate in?

This year I want to do a bit at a time. I always try to do it all in one day.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:10 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,146 Times in 28,857 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I usually start with the kitchen and bathroom because there decorations are stored in the rooms all year. Then I get down my santas from the attic and they go out. Then my tree comes down and gets set up and then decorated. Sometimes I don't decorate it until the next day depending on how late it is but I try to get it all done in one day.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:12 PM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,817 Times in 1,099 Posts
MsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the treeMsChristmas you could wrap up and put under the tree
I do my decorating on different days. I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 2 month old so I dont feel like I could ever get it done in 1 day! Even with just one child (last 2 years) it would take me more then one day..usually at least a weekend. I like to try to start the weekend before Thanksgiving ( I dont have Thanksgiving dinner at my house..we go to my in laws and my parents) and be done by December 1st. I dont put up my outside lights though until right after Thanksgiving.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 51,911 Times in 9,427 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I use to decorate all in one day. Now I have so much stuff it takes me several days to get everything out.

Old 10-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
I like to take my time decorating, so it all looks real nice. WE like to at least have the tree in place before putting out any of the decorations. I usually start putting up my christmas village first, followed by my nativity, then my Mr and Mrs Santa that go in the front window. Once those are in place, I decorate a little at a time. If I get tited, i stop for the day, and do more decorating the next day, but usually by the end of Thanksgiving weekend, all the decorations are up.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:09 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,641 Times in 584 Posts
whitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnogwhitney37354 will NOT spit in your eggnog
1. Outdoor hanging baskets & urns
2. Nativity Scene, Santa collection, stockings (order depends on which tub I open first!)
4. Main tree
5. DD's tree
6. Second tree (if a second tree is done)
Old 10-28-2009, 02:20 PM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
1. My Christmas village
2. Decorate the mantel, set out candles and wrap garland around the columns and stair railing.
3. Decorate outside
4. Tree