Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,832
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 12-05-2009, 08:30 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
tree lights out

I've had my tree up but it takes me several days to get it decorated the way I want it. Well I finally got it just the way I want it and the second night, I turned the lights on and yep, a section right in front is dark, the lights are not working and it's a pre-lit tree that was new last year. grrrrrrrrrrr.

So I'm debating, do I un-decorate so I can look for the bulb that's burned out, or is it a bulb? Could be the wiring in the string? Or do I just buy another set of white lights and add them on the tree?

I've had a wall tree for many years that I put up every year, it came with lights and I have never had any burn out on that tree. My main living room tree, new last year and a section of lights is not lit. LOL, what are the odds.

As Scarlet O'Hara says, "I will think about it tomorrow".
Old 12-05-2009, 10:16 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 156,066 Times in 28,847 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
You might look for a light keeper pro. It is a tool that is supposed to fix a strand of lights. You take out one of the bulbs in the strand and plug it in and then pull the trigger until the strand lights up. It is supposed to fix the shunt in the bad bulb so the rest of the strand will light up. I hope it is not like the problem I had with my tree when I was setting it up this year. I had five branches go out. The weird part was that they were in the middle of the strand of lights. It must had a power surge go through it because there was 44 bulbs that burned out on those five branches. I hope you get it fixed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
joyful (12-07-2009), snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,060 Times in 612 Posts
joyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happyjoyful makes Santa very happy
Thanks for the tip. I think I'll just get another string of lights and put them on the spot that is dark. Maybe, if I remember, I will see what's wrong when I take the tree down.

Merry Christmas.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Santa Clausologist
Last Achievements

TamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happyTamaraQT makes Santa very happy
tree

I dont have a pre-lit tree but have wanted one for a couple of years now. I was always afraid of a section going out and having to replace with a set of lights. But, I do think the amount of time saved overall by having a prelit tree is worth it. Good luck. I hope when you take it down, you discover it was something minor and you can get it up and running next year without a problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to TamaraQT For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 12-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I would add the set of lights and forget about it until after you take it down. I had a pre-lit and this happened to me. I ended up throwing it out after the whole tree went out and got a new tree that had no lights on it. It works out better. It's nice to have the pre-lit though because it makes it easier to set up since the lights are already on it but it became a headache for me. I hope you get it fixed, that's a shame.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story
The Following User Says Thank You to Santa's Helper For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)
Old 12-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

One Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnogOne Spoiled Brat will NOT spit in your eggnog
Good ideas for you here.....

The Following User Says Thank You to One Spoiled Brat For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-07-2014)