Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 53,979
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,477)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 02-10-2010, 06:21 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class

Snowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry dispositionSnowfall has shown a merry disposition
Snow!!!

I haven't been on in a while. I've been so busy with my new house and my new job and everything going on, but I've kept you all in my thoughts throughout the Christmas season and onwards. We just took the tree down about a week ago. Hubby said it was time, but he promised we could put it back up right after Halloween this year!!

It's been snowing in the Pittsburgh area pretty much since Friday. I have about 3 feet of snow in my neck of the woods. It snowed even more last night, so I took the day off. There is just no way I could even make it out of my driveway right now!

So, I'm going to sit back and have some tea and enjoy my snow day. How have you other Eastern US Christmas lovers been handling the snow?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Snowfall For This Useful Post:
George Broderick, Jr. (02-10-2010), rodmonster (02-11-2010), Santa's Helper (02-18-2010)
Old 02-10-2010, 08:41 AM
Magi

Last Achievements

Thanked 52,948 Times in 9,603 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
All that weather everyone is getting up there is making headlines here. We may even get some snow tonight here, which is rare.

I still have a table top Christmas tree set up in my room.

Keep safe and warm!

Old 02-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,875 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
The 'Burgh is getting 4-6 more inches as I write this... the biggest problem with the shovelling is where to put it all... you can only lift shovelfuls of snow so high for so long...
Old 02-10-2010, 09:55 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,501 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

We are getting snow as well here in OH.

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 02-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,130 Times in 1,064 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
I only had snow on Christmas day here in Ireland

So jealous of all the snow you guy's are getting right now
Old 02-10-2010, 08:30 PM
Keeper of the Yule Goat

CharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the WisemenCharlestonNole could be one of the Wisemen
Enjoy your snow!

We may receive our first flakes in 17 years on Friday. 90% chance in the Florida Panhandle! Yay!
Old 02-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
38 total

yeah we got 28 over the weekend and 10 more inches yesterday.......
Originally Posted by Snowfall View Post
I haven't been on in a while. I've been so busy with my new house and my new job and everything going on, but I've kept you all in my thoughts throughout the Christmas season and onwards. We just took the tree down about a week ago. Hubby said it was time, but he promised we could put it back up right after Halloween this year!!

It's been snowing in the Pittsburgh area pretty much since Friday. I have about 3 feet of snow in my neck of the woods. It snowed even more last night, so I took the day off. There is just no way I could even make it out of my driveway right now!

So, I'm going to sit back and have some tea and enjoy my snow day. How have you other Eastern US Christmas lovers been handling the snow?
Old 02-11-2010, 06:25 AM
Christmas dreaming...

Last Achievements

Thanked 75,424 Times in 15,087 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
All the local schools canceled yesterday we were supposed to get 8-13
inches. we got a dusting, after everything was canceled.
We haven't had a good accumulating snowfall since December 31
but we have been below freezing almost everyday.
Old 02-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,853 Times in 3,875 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
I blame Bugs Bunny..!

http://www.bigblogcomics.com/2009/12...christmas.html
Old 02-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
So much snow, so few places left to put it!!!! My driveway got plowed a week after the first 24" of snow fell. Before that happened we got another 4-6" on top of that. I shoveled for 4 hours and still couldn't get out of my driveway so when I was finally able to I left and went to stay with a friend for a week because I had no power. Even after getting my power back I couldn't come home because of the driveway. Once it was plowed I was able to get in and out just fine. Problem now is all of the ice in the gutters and it's leaking into the house. We probably got about 4" more over the past couple of days and we are still supposed to get even more next week from what I've heard. Hope everyone else who has all of this snow is doing ok.

"You used up all the glue on purpose!"-A Christmas Story