Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » What was the last Christmas related item you bought?

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,973
Threads: 53,442
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, Norrisrals
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
The Tradition of...
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 05:47 PM
62,608 Views  0 Posts
Sam's First Christmas
By MMC Editor
06-09-2002 08:23 PM
48,413 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Controversies
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:27 PM
50,509 Views  0 Posts
Candlemas
By MMC Editor
06-08-2002 09:26 PM
52,498 Views  0 Posts
santahat Santa Speaks 2011
By made582
10-09-2011 10:40 PM
Last post by monical
04-19-2013 03:25 AM
2 Posts

Old 06-26-2010, 11:27 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

ChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry disposition
What was the last Christmas related item you bought?

Just wondering what was the last thing you spent hard earned cash on that is Christmas related?

Usually a few times in the off season I'll buy things just for the fun of it and because I can get a good price.

My last item so far was the Bing Crosby Voice Of Christmas cd, which I ordered today..in June!

I'm sure I'll pick something up in a few weeks or so....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChristmasKid77 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-04-2011), HollyJolly (09-04-2013), Yuletide Junkie (08-05-2013)
Old 06-27-2010, 02:24 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,107 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
i don´t know...but I hope to find something at the fleas market we go to later

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-04-2011)
Old 06-27-2010, 06:58 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,491 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I love to buy Christmas items throughout the year. There is a thrift store nearby that has a Christmas section that stocks items all year and I love to look at the nice stuff that other people throw out. Lol! You get a good selection during the summer and good prices when other people don't want to look at that stuff during that time.

Back to answering the question. The last item I bought was during the spring. A man that lives nearby use to go all out to decorate his house for Christmas and he had a huge garage sale and selling every bit of it. He has been ill and decided he cannot continue decorating anymore. I bought a train display for my front yard. He said he bought it during the 70's. I am glad to have something to put in my yard that he owned. We talked for awhile and found out that no one in his family was interested in owning any of his Christmas stuff. I found it a bit sad that his family will not continue on with his tradition so he is selling it all but I know not everyone is as sentimental about Christmas like all of us here are at MMC.

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-04-2011), HollyJolly (09-04-2013), MsChristmas (06-30-2010)
Old 06-27-2010, 07:00 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

kgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the tree
I bought a Chicago Bears ornament last month to put on my tree this year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kgstyles For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-04-2011), G.Bailey (08-19-2010)
Old 11-06-2012, 09:04 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

leah has shown a merry dispositionleah has shown a merry disposition
A couple of coffee mugs.
The Following User Says Thank You to leah For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (07-30-2013)
Old 11-06-2012, 11:02 AM
Had enough snow, thanks.
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,754 Times in 1,084 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
I bought new lights for my tree, and one of those little USB powered Christmas Trees for my desk at work, and an LED light set that reads "Merry Christmas".
The Following User Says Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (07-30-2013)
Old 06-27-2010, 10:11 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger

ChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry dispositionChristmasKid77 has shown a merry disposition
Originally Posted by Christmas-A-Holic View Post
Back to answering the question. The last item I bought was during the spring. A man that lives nearby use to go all out to decorate his house for Christmas and he had a huge garage sale and selling every bit of it. He has been ill and decided he cannot continue decorating anymore. I bought a train display for my front yard. He said he bought it during the 70's. I am glad to have something to put in my yard that he owned. We talked for awhile and found out that no one in his family was interested in owning any of his Christmas stuff. I found it a bit sad that his family will not continue on with his tradition so he is selling it all but I know not everyone is as sentimental about Christmas like all of us here are at MMC.
Wow, from one Christmas fan to another I just want to thank you for buying something he displayed for all those years!

It is sad no one wanted to display that stuff!! Really cool that you own it and it will see many more seasons to come!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChristmasKid77 For This Useful Post:
Christmas-A-Holic (06-27-2010), Christmasstar (02-04-2011)
Old 06-27-2010, 12:24 PM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,788 Times in 1,618 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
2 stockings for my kids for $12, shipped, just last week! Got them in the mail on Thursday. Monogrammed, too! (well one is.. this baby-to-be is nameless, still!)
The Following User Says Thank You to judesmama For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2010, 12:25 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,447 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

I have a nativity scene that is largely animals of all kinds paying homage to the Christ Child. There are wise men and angels and of course, the Holy Family as well, but it is largely animals worshiping the King Of Kings on His birthday........I bought a mama kangraoo and a meerkat to add to the managerie !!! See my albums !!!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (02-04-2011), HollyJolly (09-04-2013)
Old 06-27-2010, 12:52 PM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,107 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
4 incredibly cute Christmas books for Kandice today at the fleas market

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post: