Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat > Fun & Games » Christmas History, Trivia And Fun Facts

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,857
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,291)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 07-22-2010, 03:14 AM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,500 Times in 9,289 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly Christmas History, Trivia And Fun Facts

I thought since we are getting nearer and nearer to CHRISTMAS !!!! It might be fun to come up with some history, trivia or whatever fun facts we can find about it !!

I will go first:

Santa's 9th reindeer was first named Rollo, then Reginald, then of course, Rudolph.

Let's SEE What Fun Facts, History Or Trivia Everyone Knows !!

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
kgstyles (07-22-2010)
Old 07-22-2010, 03:33 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

kgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the tree
Before settling on the name of Tiny Tim for his character in "A Christmas Carol," three other alliterative names were considered by Charles Dickens. They were Little Larry, Puny Pete, and Small Sam.
The Following User Says Thank You to kgstyles For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (07-22-2010)
Old 07-22-2010, 07:54 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,820 Times in 3,860 Posts
George Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the WisemenGeorge Broderick, Jr. could be one of the Wisemen
In the Rankin/Bass Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer TV Special, it's never stated why the little girl dolly is a misfit toy... but, in later years, the producers all agreed it was because she had "emotional problems"... which is why she's crying all the time...
caninemom3 (07-22-2010), xmas365 (07-22-2010)
Old 07-22-2010, 05:03 PM

caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

The song Jingle Bells was written in 1857 for a Sunday School in Boston for Thanksgiving. But, it just became so popular that it went on to be big at singing at Christmas time.

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-23-2010, 11:14 PM

holly

Why do we use holly? Holly is evergreen and has been revered as sacred for ages. The thorns also symbolize Christ's crown of thorns. The Romans and other ancients thought it could ward off evil spirits.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-24-2010, 02:04 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

kgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the treekgstyles you could wrap up and put under the tree
If you received all of the gifts in the song "The Twelve Days of Christmas," you would receive 364 gifts.
The Following User Says Thank You to kgstyles For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (07-24-2010)
Old 10-19-2011, 11:31 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Figured it was time to bring this one back to the front!!!

Originally Posted by caninemom3 View Post
I thought since we are getting nearer and nearer to CHRISTMAS !!!! It might be fun to come up with some history, trivia or whatever fun facts we can find about it !!
Since the 1970’s, the Kennedy Space Center has made their shuttle landing facility available for emergency landing by Santa Claus should problems develop during his annual visit to children around the world!
Old 10-19-2011, 11:55 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,932 Times in 2,418 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Originally Posted by lauriebear View Post
Since the 1970’s, the Kennedy Space Center has made their shuttle landing facility available for emergency landing by Santa Claus should problems develop during his annual visit to children around the world!
I've done the same thing with my yard.
Old 10-19-2011, 05:47 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,590 Times in 748 Posts
Kimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnogKimothy will NOT spit in your eggnog
The first Christmas tree in America was influenced by Queen Victoria and her husband, Prince Albert.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:42 AM
Christmas Deity

Thanked 8,590 Times in 1,468 Posts
lauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the treelauriebear you could wrap up and put under the tree
Swan, goose, and peacock were all once consumed at lavish Christmas meals.