Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » for sheep and erv.....

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,441
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,943)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Top Ten Christmas Videos...
By Jeff Westover
12-16-2013 08:10 AM
14,080 Views  0 Posts
Santa: To Be or Not to Be
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:30 PM
51,084 Views  0 Posts
The Santa Claus 3 (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 08:52 PM
53,068 Views  0 Posts
Presentblue Guide to Black Friday...
By MMC Editor
11-08-2012 11:50 AM
Last post by jimmydbrown
12-27-2012 04:59 AM
82,763 Views  4 Posts
Kids and Santa Online
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 09:23 PM
48,526 Views  0 Posts

Old 11-09-2006, 06:47 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
for sheep and erv.....

Origins of Eggnog
by Colleen Graham

Intro: Eggnog. The drink that stirs up memories for most people, either you love it or hate it. Either way you feel, you must admit it has become embedded in our holiday traditions. If you have tried it and found it to be distasteful maybe you just haven’t had GOOD eggnog.

The Name: The word itself does not have much appeal, the guttural sound and the thought of drinking egg doesn’t sound very appetizing to most. There are differing opinions as to the origin of the name for this famous drink. One version says that nog derives from an Old English word for strong beer, hence “noggin”. Another version attributes the name to Colonial America where colonists referred to thick drinks as “grog” and eggnog as “egg-and-grog”. Either way, we know it today as Eggnog.
Europe: It is believed that the eggnog tradition began in Europe as an adaptation of the various milk and wine punches often served at social gatherings. In the 17th century, eggnog was used as a toast to one’s health and was consumed by the well-to-do of society as milk and eggs were scarce commodities in Europe.

The New World: When the brew was brought to the “New World,” colonists added a new twist, rum. The rum Americans could get from the Caribbean was considerably less expensive than the other liquors shipped from England. And so, along with the readily available supply of milk and eggs in the colonies, the rum version quickly became a popular drink for people of all classes.

Variations: As a rich, spicy and (oh yes) alcoholic drink, eggnog soon became a familiar item during the holiday season across the growing nation. Each region would adapt the drink to their personal tastes. Even George Washington devised his own version of the brew which only the most courageous would partake using rye whiskey, rum and sherry.
In the south, Southern taste replaced rum with bourbon. And when the brew reached Latin America even more adaptations were made; in Puerto Rico coconut juice or milk was added, in Mexico eggnog became a harder liqueur to be sipped with the addition of Mexican cinnamon and rum or grain alcohol, and in Peru it was made with the Peruvian pomace brandy called pisco.
Noggin' Now: The basic recipe for eggnog has not changed over the years (eggs beaten with sugar, milk, cream and some kind of spirit) and remains a favorite for holiday parties. Whatever the variation of the popular holiday drink, it is sure to be a winner with most of your holiday guests. However, for those who wish to go “nogless,” there are other warm spirited drinks that are sure to be a hit as well and lift everyone’s holiday spirits.

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 11-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
i stumbled across this while searching for something completely un-eggnog related!!

xo

www.thyca.org

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 11-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Ervserver

very interesting, thank you

Old 11-09-2006, 06:59 PM
Santa Clausologist

mrshfromjersey has shown a merry dispositionmrshfromjersey has shown a merry disposition
I vow to try eggnog this year. I tried it as a kid and didn't like it. I will let my more adult palate give it a try!

Old 11-09-2006, 07:07 PM
Santa Clausologist

caseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elfcaseydbell is a good elf
Im going to try it this year 2
Old 11-09-2006, 07:10 PM
Ervserver

be prepared to become addicted
Old 11-09-2006, 07:11 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
As much as I have consumed in my lifetime, I'm disappointed that they haven't changed the name to sheepnog.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:12 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself

Originally Posted by sheepsnot
As much as I have consumed in my lifetime, I'm disappointed that they haven't changed the name to sheepnog.
oh lord... please no.
no no no no no no no
no no no

oh no.

www.thyca.org

Old 11-09-2006, 07:13 PM
Santa Clausologist

mrshfromjersey has shown a merry dispositionmrshfromjersey has shown a merry disposition
Sheeps...you make me giggle...
Old 11-09-2006, 07:15 PM
On the Naughty List

sheepsnot is a new face around here!
It only makes sense if you think about it. Nog is latin for "the texture of snot."