Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Heard about a snowstorm in USA

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,130
Threads: 54,236
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,523)
Welcome to our newest member, hewlieje

Old 10-31-2011, 03:02 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 1,158 Times in 715 Posts
kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
Snowflake Heard about a snowstorm in USA

Just this second I saw on the news that Washington had a freak snowstorm today?? Is this right ? and is anyone on here from these areas? Hope everyone is ok and safe anyway.
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
sugar142286 (11-03-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 03:45 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,199 Times in 6,090 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
There are numerous mentions about it in the Christmas Countdown thread. It was all up and down the East Coast from Saturday into early Sunday. Here in Massachusetts the snow ranged from an inch or two near the coast to more than a foot farther west, and it was a heavy wet snow that brought down a lot of trees and power lines. Some folks won't be getting their power back until the end of the week. We were lucky---we only lost ours for about 24 hours, but we had no heat, so we spent last night in a motel. It's very, very rare for these areas to get snow before Halloween---we usually don't see that much snow until November or December.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
shellie12 (10-31-2011), sugar142286 (11-03-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 04:06 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

kelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happykelly ann makes Santa very happy
I didn't know it had already been discussed, as I only put the news channel on last night. As you say, very unusual and thankfully you are ok. The UK was supposed to get snow the end of October, but so far nothing down my way. I'll check out the other threads now. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by kelly ann View Post
The UK was supposed to get snow the end of October, but so far nothing down my way.
"UK" must have been a typo---they meant "US"!

The Following User Says Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
kelly ann (11-01-2011)
Old 11-01-2011, 07:55 AM
...and Noel's mama, too!

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,971 Times in 1,658 Posts
judesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemenjudesmama could be one of the Wisemen
We got about 6 inches here outside of Philadelphia. LOTS of large trees/branches were lost... we had a major, major leak in our bedroom, too. My uncle brought his bucket truck and my husband and he got up there and shoveled the roof off... I was so nervous!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:22 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Here's an article with a state-by-state summary of the effects of the early snowstorm.

Old 11-01-2011, 08:48 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Can't believe how early the snow is coming this year. I live in the Midwest and so far our temps are seasonal but they're predicting a bad winter with more snow fall than we had last year. You know what that means??? SNOW DAYS!!!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:16 AM
Every time a bell rings..

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,303 Times in 610 Posts
rodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the treerodmonster you could wrap up and put under the tree
Snow

Yup we got a little. I live outside of DC.. Was neat to have BEFORE Halloween... My lil brother up in Pa got 8 inches...
Old 11-02-2011, 08:01 AM
Little Snowflake
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,156 Times in 254 Posts
Cetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoeCetacea would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
This snow storm was big enough to be mentioned in the news in Switzerland! I am very sorry for everyone who has to live with damages on houses, cares and other things!
Whenever there is happiness, hope you’ll be there too. Wherever there are friendly smiles, hope they’ll smile on you. Whenever there is sunshine, hope it shine especially for you. To make each day for you, as bright as it can be. from Ireland

Best Regards, Mona
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cetacea For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (11-02-2011), sugar142286 (11-03-2011)
Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Sounds like it was very bad, but glad you are all ok though. I don't know how the UK would've coped with something like this, we were so unprepared last year. I think we almost ran out of salt to grit the roads! Crazy! Let's hope the country bucks up it's ideas for this year, if we get any snow that is.
The Following User Says Thank You to kelly ann For This Useful Post:
ClaireLovesChristmas (11-03-2011)