Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Food From eggnog to candy canes to ginger bread and beyond the flavors and treats of Christmas are a delight. Here we engage in all things connected to Christmas foods -- from recipes to how-to's. This section of the Merry Forums is presented by Merry Christmas Recipes, our own database of Christmas recipes, many of which get submitted by our users from around the world.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,131
Threads: 54,246
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,728)
Welcome to our newest member, PrincipalPankley

Old 07-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

SnowMaiden1018 has disabled reputation
holly Tree Decorating

Im just wondering how many of us stick with a certain theme on our trees? (i.e. character themes, or color schemes) Do you do the same theme every year or switch it up? Or are you the put some lights on, tinsel (garland) and ornaments and light it up and leave it kinda person?

Me, I collect ornanments of every shape and size. I also use lots of colored lights (the small ones) for the out side of the tree and I wind the white lights all the way up the trunk...it really does look nice. I use ornaments from when I was a child and I buy a new ornament for my children that celebrates something that happened that year that was important to them. Decorating my tree is a two day fiasco lol!!
Old 07-19-2007, 10:05 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
no theme, really, just alot of childhood ornaments
Old 07-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Santa's Doppelganger
Last Achievements

Billy Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoeBilly Battles would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
No theme here either
Old 07-20-2007, 01:24 AM
On the Naughty List

Jinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnogJinglebelle will NOT spit in your eggnog
I deck the halls and the tree with all kinds of everything! My theme?? "Eclectic Christmas Craze"
Old 07-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

SnowMaiden1018 has disabled reputation
bell

Jinglebelle, Im pretty sure I fall into that catagory!! I think I will use that as my Theme Name from now on if that is ok with you!
Ecletic Christmas Craze! It perfectly describes christmas to me!
Old 07-20-2007, 07:21 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
holly

Because I have so many trees (my husband thinks we have sprouted a forest), each tree has it's own identity of sorts. But I have conex filled with Christmas stuff. I buy an ornament from every state or country we visit. And if a special event happens in the family or with friends, I usually buy a Christmas ornament for that family. Usually with weddings, I buy a "our first Christmas" ornament for the newlyweds. It starts them off nicely. But I have a tree that can be eclectic, one with fans and masks on it, trains, cartoon characters, santa heds, pastels, bold reds/greens, one that is just irish ornaments and so on. So, I understand about your 2 day decorating. I even have a snowman tree that has a snowman for every month. Kind of like an advent tree. I tried doing the white lights in the center and it didn't have the look I was looking for. But I can never tell if I'm going to do colored lights or the clear until the very end. I don't use tinsel anymore because of the pets, but I do put up my train around the base of the tree. and if I want Christmas music coming from the tree, I put a portable stereo under the tree close to the back so no one sees it.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:29 PM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I'm not a "theme" decorating kind of a person. We do the same basic idea every year, using colored mini lights, beaded garland, red bows and a mixture of ornaments. We add to our ornaments every year...mostly from places where we've vacationed (one of my favorite vacation ornaments is a gold dipped maple leaf from Canada) but sometimes just a really nice one that we find somewhere.

Because I've got some already on-line, here are some pics of our tree at Christmas 2006 (I apologize for the poor picture quality but our previous digital camera was really, really bad...I've got a much better one now and promise much better pictures of Christmas 2007!)

Old 08-01-2007, 03:44 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
I have 7 trees... ...as you can see I did Gold and Red ornaments... I also love snowmen so I add those... I love white lights! This 12 ft tree that takes a big ol ladder to decorate has 1800 white lights on it..
On the other tree 7ft, I had red, silver and white bulbs... and snowmen here and there.... I also have a tree in the master bedroom, the landing, both DD's rooms and the family room...The one in the family room last year had an iceskating rink under it and I added to paird of real iceskates under them as well...
Your tree's are pretty girls!!! Thanks for sharing

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}

Last edited by JanaBanana; 08-01-2007 at 03:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:46 PM
*The Christmas Queen* -- Hostess, Real Halloween.com

Last Achievements

Thanked 1,113 Times in 546 Posts
JanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the treeJanaBanana you could wrap up and put under the tree
Oops I double posted so I had to go back and edit...

♥Jana's Creations♥
{My photography Blog}
Old 08-05-2007, 02:15 AM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger

MissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elfMissKringle is a good elf
tree

We don't usually do themes but last year we had a sort of pink and purple theme, it was very pretty, I wasn't sure at first but it really brightened our place up and went with our color scheme (peach walls & purple trim hehe) This year we're repainted before Christmas to something less dramatic and we've already (I know it's early) picked a theme of red, white and silver for the main tree, I don't know about any other stuff yet but I'm working on it