Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Um...Thanksgiving is the week after next!!!

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,128
Threads: 54,229
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, PLong

Old 11-06-2012, 11:58 AM
Mistletoeologist

ReineV has disabled reputation
Um...Thanksgiving is the week after next!!!

When in the mistletoe did this happen?! I feel like the holiday season is flying by me and I kind of want time to slow down so that I can savor the season! We only have two weeks and two days until Thanksgiving day, which is when the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade starts...and it's also one of my favorite days of the year because it's kind of like a mini-Christmas at our house. In the morning, we're all cooking and watching the parade, then we spend time together, eat til we're as stuffed as the turkey we just dove into, then we watch the local lighting of the Atlanta Macy's Christmas tree. It's so awesome and it's SO CLOSE. Where did the time go?!
Adam (11-06-2012), christmas87 (11-06-2012), Christmasstar (11-06-2012), Festive Spirit (11-08-2012), Holiday (11-06-2012), made582 (11-06-2012), merrymistletoe (11-06-2012), Ryan (11-06-2012), Seawaters (11-06-2012), snowflake22 (03-20-2014), Solice (11-07-2012), Spyells (11-09-2012), xmas365 (11-06-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 81,089 Times in 13,426 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
we already had our thanksgiving!
But, I am looking forward to watching the Macy's parade, always great!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:38 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 39,190 Times in 6,088 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by ReineV View Post
When in the mistletoe did this happen?! I feel like the holiday season is flying by me and I kind of want time to slow down so that I can savor the season! We only have two weeks and two days until Thanksgiving day...Where did the time go?!
Amen ... so much has been going on in our lives lately that it snuck up on me and gave me a "gotcha." I'm sorry to say that I feel so rushed between work and things that have to be done at home that I haven't been able to get into the spirit---just haven't gotten that "lift" yet.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (11-06-2012), momnan30 (11-06-2012), Seawaters (11-06-2012), snowflake22 (03-20-2014), Spyells (11-09-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 21,821 Times in 3,033 Posts
Ryan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintRyan leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
santahat Thanksgiving

I'm with you, it's crazy to think Thanksgiving is so close! It is my favorite day of the year. It officially starts the Christmas season, as some local radio stations switch over to all Christmas, the specials start airing on television, and light displays come on (of course, for some of us, Christmas season starts a bit earlier). And I love that food, and the family! But, it does seem that Halloween came so fast and flew by, and it's an early Thanksgiving this year. Oh well, let's enjoy it while we can. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

PS...the good news is with an early Thanksgiving it gives us a little over a month after the holiday until Christmas...longer season!
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Ryan For This Useful Post:
Adam (11-06-2012), MerryCarey (11-06-2012), Seawaters (11-06-2012), snowflake22 (03-20-2014), Spyells (11-09-2012), whitney37354 (11-08-2012)
Old 11-06-2012, 03:54 PM
Formally xrockchild

Last Achievements

Adam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the treeAdam you could wrap up and put under the tree
Halloween DID fly by!!! I am eager for the VERY COLD weather and the Christmas season!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Adam For This Useful Post:
Seawaters (11-06-2012), snowflake22 (03-20-2014), Spyells (11-09-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Merry Forums Eggnog Chugger
Last Achievements

Classic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elfClassic Christmas is a good elf
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Halloween DID fly by!!! I am eager for the VERY COLD weather and the Christmas season!
I enjoy a very brisk, cold Christmas, too. Being in northern Michigan, we get as much of that type of weather to enjoy as we can handle...and then some.

I wouldn't care if the snow and cold weather left January 2nd, but, alas, it's not to be.
The Following User Says Thank You to Classic Christmas For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (03-20-2014)
Old 11-06-2012, 04:06 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,021 Times in 940 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by MerryCarey View Post
Amen ... so much has been going on in our lives lately that it snuck up on me and gave me a "gotcha." I'm sorry to say that I feel so rushed between work and things that have to be done at home that I haven't been able to get into the spirit---just haven't gotten that "lift" yet.
@MerryCarey-
Hope you can find your spirit...sounds like a rough go for you lately.
Take care!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
MerryCarey (11-06-2012), Seawaters (11-06-2012), snowflake22 (03-20-2014)
Old 11-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,095 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
thanks goodness it's not just me. time needs to stop for a minute.

halloween and bonfire night were over in the blink of an eye, i just hope, somehow, that time can drag a little for the next few weeks.

so much christmas stuff to squeeze in, so little time!

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
Seawaters (11-06-2012), snowflake22 (03-20-2014)
Old 11-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,021 Times in 940 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
When in the mistletoe did this happen?! I feel like the holiday season is flying by me and I kind of want time to slow down so that I can savor the season! We only have two weeks and two days until Thanksgiving day, which is when the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade starts...and it's also one of my favorite days of the year because it's kind of like a mini-Christmas at our house. In the morning, we're all cooking and watching the parade, then we spend time together, eat til we're as stuffed as the turkey we just dove into, then we watch the local lighting of the Atlanta Macy's Christmas tree. It's so awesome and it's SO CLOSE. Where did the time go?!
I agree!
It's crazy how fast this whole thing goes!
I'm not ready and remodeling we started the ball rolling on in August is not complete.
It's making me crabby!
Somebody stop the clock!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 24,855 Times in 4,080 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint

I agree! 100%

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Holiday For This Useful Post: