Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,078
Threads: 53,833
Top Poster: xmas365 (162,835)
Welcome to our newest member, JoseChung

Old 11-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
Grr! Angry!

We are currently taking care of my brother's dog Haley while he is serving in the Navy. Anyway, I should have know to be suspicious of her being quiet. She is the type of dog who always wants to play. She comes down stairs with one of my most prized ornaments in her mouth!

My Bianca (The Rescuers Down Under) ornament my mom got me from McDonolds when the movie was being promoted. It's always been in pristine condition, and now she looks like she's had some really bad plastic (no pun intended) surgery.

I know I shouldn't be so angry at Haley, given where she came from. My brother made the poor decision of getting a dog while he is over a thousand miles away and in the Navy. Anyone that knows the military knows they are unpredictable. Hurry up and wait, so to speak. Anyway, my brother relied on his roommates to care for her when he was on duty. Sometimes he wouldn't tell them he had duty and she would be stuck in her kennel for two days. The roommates also were not very nice to her. She is a jumpy dog because of it. My parents literally rescued her from that horrible life. Granted, my brother loves her, he just didn't have the freedom to care for her how she should be.

Back to the ornament. I was so mad, I made Haley go in her kennel. She hardly ever goes in there, so she knew she was bad. I feel so bad now that I was mean to her, the looks she still gives me are heartbreaking.

Good news is, I found a new Bianca on ebay.

Anyone else have those moments of nothing but anger? Over something stupid like me?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bianca.jpg (12.5 KB, 0 views)
Christmasstar (12-10-2012), sugar142286 (12-08-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 02:45 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,723 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I can understand Your anger....of course the doggy didnīt want to do any harm or do bad.....she just wanted to play......too bad she grew up like this and not in a more caring way...Im glad she is having a nice home.......just go there now and cuddle her.....she forgot what she done wrong anyways now

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
act_as_if (11-12-2012)
Old 11-11-2012, 03:36 AM
Merry Forums Super Administrator

Last Achievements

Thanked 5,468 Times in 1,754 Posts
Maureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the WisemenMaureen could be one of the Wisemen
You've got to remember - you're the human, she's the dog. As Tanja said, she didn't know she was doing wrong and wouldn't remember what she was getting in trouble for. You should never use her kennel as a punishment either or you will have trouble getting her in it normally.

I personally think you over-reacted - maybe something else is bothering you and this was the straw that broke the camel's back??

At least you were able to find another on ebay. My son (well, me now really) has a bag full of the happy meal toys which were collected over the years - I don't know if we have Bianca but I can offer you a wide range of Jaffars?????

xxx
Old 11-11-2012, 03:56 AM
Christmas Altair

Last Achievements

Thanked 20,036 Times in 2,880 Posts
shellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintshellie12 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
hiya
sorry had to laugh at your post its brings back so many times ii have went and seem things these 2 of mne has eat or destroyed and even in the past wth other dogs
Make up should have seem that mess.lol my brand new roland cartier shoes. the phone line the sunday dinner cooked and twice not cooked ,socks. my chrsitmas cushions one year i could go on and on
I got cross but i shout a moment or 2 and thats it , tell them they are bad dogs. i cant stay mad long at them.
I look at life funny i think well there will come a day that i will wish they were there to eat something so ii forgive them quick
act_as_if (11-12-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 12:17 AM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

act_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elfact_as_if is a good elf
Thanks guys!

It really is an important ornament to me. Not only is it from one of my favorite movies, but it was bought for me before either of my brothers were born. Before I was no longer the only child. It may have been just a stupid McDonolds toy to some, but it means something to me.

I didn't stay mad at her for long.(too stinkin cute to be!) Literally two minutes after I put her in her kennel I let her back out. It was just one of those things that caught me off guard, that I didn't even think she would see as a toy because it wasn't on the floor.

This Christmas will be interesting, it's her first one. Last year my brother didn't decorate, too busy working on the ship. I know I'm in for lots of ornament guarding and making sure she doesn't see presents as toys. She already tried playing with some of my moms snowmen...

I just felt like venting over the frustrations of a dog who thinks everything is a toy. Thanks to my brother for not correcting her!
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,723 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I remember the first christmas with my cat.......she sat in the tree all the time....i hope the doggy doesnt do that ......will probably make it fall over....as my mothers cat once did....destroyed 2 thirds of her ornaments

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following User Says Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
Solice (11-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 1st Class
Last Achievements

HollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry dispositionHollyJolly has shown a merry disposition
Bitter Apple. It's a clear spray...basically the bitter component of apple seeds in tincture (alcohol). You spray it on stuff, the alcohol evaporates quickly and leaves an invisible but bitter taste on stuff. I learned about it years ago when I had another dog that was fascinated by my books. I did a couple of quick coats on everything lower than waist high. She never messed with them again.

BTW, I'd toss my entire library just to be able to see her again for a day.
Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more. ---Theodor Seuss Geisel a.k.a. Dr. Seuss
The Following User Says Thank You to HollyJolly For This Useful Post:
act_as_if (10-20-2013)