Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » I can't believe it's really over :(

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,043)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Year Round Christmas...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:42 PM
Last post by Stnicholas01
07-18-2013 01:47 PM
47,821 Views  3 Posts
Christmas Vacation...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:25 PM
Last post by carmenpaigee
07-16-2011 12:03 AM
67,100 Views  2 Posts
"Christmas Every Day"...
By MerryCarey
10-28-2011 02:23 PM
65,877 Views  0 Posts
Christmas in Mexico
By MMc Editor
06-02-2002 09:17 PM
43,279 Views  0 Posts
The Legends of Nature at...
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:54 PM
46,238 Views  0 Posts

Old 01-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,881 Times in 572 Posts
graywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happy
I can't believe it's really over :(

I'm so sad. Our December was very hectic this year having a close friend have a wedding in the middle of the month out of state. So many of our traditions were put to the wayside to travel and be in attendance. Then the day we arrived back home my son flew out to join his dad/my husband on the other side of the country for the drive home for Christmas. They were gone the week before Christmas, arriving on Christmas Eve.

Everyone flew in/drove in for Christmas on my in-laws side so most of the kids stayed at our house and the adults at my in-laws house. It was so chaotic that it meant many of the special things my son and I do together had to be skipped to accommodate time schedules for everyone.

Our dog went into labor a few days after Christmas, which ended up not being a pleasant outcome and well.... yesterday was the first day we were able to just sit in front of the tree and the house was still. Our tree is still up, because we celebrate Epiphany so for us the season does not officially end till today. Now, well it's over, and I don't even feel like we got to celebrate it at all.

I didn't even get to attend the online Christmas Party here on the site, which I was so looking forward to when I joined, because it took place the day after the wedding and we were driving back home.

Can I just keep my tree and lights up for another month? Is there some special MyMerryChristmas certificate you provide that I can present to my neighbors or tack on my door for public notice so no one thinks me an oddball for still having everything up and twinkling? Or that a bunch of Christmas specials are still on the DVR to be watched.

So um.... is there a countdown app for December 2013?

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to graywolf70 For This Useful Post:
'Tis the season (01-08-2013), caninemom3 (01-07-2013), Christmasstar (01-08-2013), gabulldawg (01-07-2013), joyful (01-19-2013), lauriebear (01-09-2013), momnan30 (01-17-2013), Yuletide Junkie (01-20-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
I took down my outdoor lights on Saturday (January 5th). There's one other house that has yet to take down their lights, and the lady who owns that house saw me taking down my lights on Saturday. I notice she hasn't turned her lights on since then at night...

So Friday night was the last night we got to enjoy Christmas lights being turned on outdoors at our place. I told my daughter to enjoy them that one last time...

You know what? It just occurred to me: I've got Spring outdoor decorations, Summer outdoor decorations, and lots of Fall outdoor decorations, and of course the Christmas outdoor decorations. But no WINTER decorations. The yard looks pretty plain from early January until mid-March. Unless we get a good snowfall (that ALWAYS makes the yard look festive).
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-07-2013), Christmasstar (01-08-2013), gabulldawg (01-07-2013), graywolf70 (01-08-2013), momnan30 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 11:56 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,111 Times in 3,695 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Im sorry Your December was so hectical....mine was hectical too...and I even tho i enjoyed Christmas....I dont want it to be as hectical this year as it was last year....I wish You the same......stay merry my friend

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to trackrebel For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-07-2013), Christmasstar (01-08-2013), graywolf70 (01-08-2013), momnan30 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

reindeerelf has disabled reputation
santahat

According to the old tradition the Christmas season lasts for 40 days until Candlemass (Feb. 2), the day the presentation of the Christ child in the temple is celebrated. So relax and enjoy your tree and decorations for a while. That's what we are doing in our house.
caninemom3 (01-07-2013), Christmas-A-Holic (01-07-2013), Christmasstar (01-08-2013), Festive Spirit (01-08-2013), gabulldawg (01-07-2013), GingerMel (01-08-2013), graywolf70 (01-08-2013), lauriebear (01-09-2013), momnan30 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 02:38 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 49,494 Times in 9,045 Posts
Christmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmas-A-Holic leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Sorry to hear about how hectic December was for you!

Keep that tree up as long as you wish! You don't owe anyone an explanation as to why it's still up. If it makes you happy, go for it! I just took down my tree but still have more decor up. It will come down when I feel like it.

Continue to visit us here daily for your Christmas fix. We celebrate all year!!! We are happy to have you with us. =)

You should be listening to the Greasy Skillet Show with our very own RadioJonD every Saturday from 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm central time! Be sure to join the group on Facebook to chat during showtime!

Listen to Kringle Radio for your Christmas music fix! Come on by, we are open 24/7 - 365 days a year!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Christmas-A-Holic For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (01-07-2013), Christmasstar (01-08-2013), graywolf70 (01-08-2013), momnan30 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

graywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happygraywolf70 makes Santa very happy
Originally Posted by reindeerelf View Post
According to the old tradition the Christmas season lasts for 40 days until Candlemass (Feb. 2), the day the presentation of the Christ child in the temple is celebrated. So relax and enjoy your tree and decorations for a while. That's what we are doing in our house.
You just made my 2013!! LOL. I totally forgot about that!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to graywolf70 For This Useful Post:
momnan30 (01-17-2013), reindeerelf (01-08-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 07:51 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thank you so much everyone!! I truly appreciate it.

My husband is leaving Thursday to go back out on tour and said the same thing. "It's our house! Keep everything up and party on!" LOL
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to graywolf70 For This Useful Post:
lauriebear (01-09-2013), momnan30 (01-17-2013), shellie12 (01-08-2013), Solice (01-22-2013)
Old 01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Originally Posted by graywolf70 View Post
I'm so sad. Our December was very hectic this year having a close friend have a wedding in the middle of the month out of state. So many of our traditions were put to the wayside to travel and be in attendance. Then the day we arrived back home my son flew out to join his dad/my husband on the other side of the country for the drive home for Christmas. They were gone the week before Christmas, arriving on Christmas Eve.

Everyone flew in/drove in for Christmas on my in-laws side so most of the kids stayed at our house and the adults at my in-laws house. It was so chaotic that it meant many of the special things my son and I do together had to be skipped to accommodate time schedules for everyone.

Our dog went into labor a few days after Christmas, which ended up not being a pleasant outcome and well.... yesterday was the first day we were able to just sit in front of the tree and the house was still. Our tree is still up, because we celebrate Epiphany so for us the season does not officially end till today. Now, well it's over, and I don't even feel like we got to celebrate it at all.

I didn't even get to attend the online Christmas Party here on the site, which I was so looking forward to when I joined, because it took place the day after the wedding and we were driving back home.

Can I just keep my tree and lights up for another month? Is there some special MyMerryChristmas certificate you provide that I can present to my neighbors or tack on my door for public notice so no one thinks me an oddball for still having everything up and twinkling? Or that a bunch of Christmas specials are still on the DVR to be watched.

So um.... is there a countdown app for December 2013?

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!!

Awwww...You keep your tree up A LONG AS YOU WANT !!! Never mind what the neighbors say. My tree is still up and you know what ?? I don't care what anyone thinks !!! I will take it down eventually. Take some time and do what YOU want to do.......There is no harm because you leave your tree up ((((HUGS)))) xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-08-2013), gabulldawg (01-07-2013), graywolf70 (01-08-2013), momnan30 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 05:14 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,980 Times in 1,270 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Big hugs to you! I understand how you must feel. I kinda wish I could rewind to the start of December and get a a second chance at it all too. Keep your tree as long as you want!
xxxx
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
Christmasstar (01-08-2013), graywolf70 (01-08-2013), momnan30 (01-17-2013)
Old 01-08-2013, 06:27 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 76,221 Times in 12,636 Posts
Christmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintChristmasstar leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
my outdoor lights are still up as are my snowmen....

took this a few minutes ago, sunrise is nice this morning!

So if mine is still up yours can stay up too!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Christmasstar For This Useful Post:
graywolf70 (01-08-2013), lauriebear (01-09-2013), momnan30 (01-17-2013)