Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Prayer Request for My Family

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,974
Threads: 53,446
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,046)
Welcome to our newest member, CarrollMl
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didn´t cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Kings of Extravagance
By MMC Editor
06-29-2002 08:08 PM
39,886 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Christmas Videos...
By Jeff Westover
12-16-2013 08:10 AM
14,099 Views  0 Posts
"Love Is Best" by Kate...
By MerryCarey
10-25-2011 01:08 PM
58,394 Views  0 Posts
A Christmas Story (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
60,572 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Baby
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:01 PM
41,084 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

tbutler has shown a merry disposition
Prayer Request for My Family

Hello Christmas friends,

First time I've posted something like this but I've seen others do it. I'd appreciate all the support we can get.

This past weekend was horrible for me and my family. We are/were friends with another couple with a history of marital problems and domestic violence. Over the years we've drifted apart, although my wife and I have kept in touch with the other wife via Facebook, texts, e-mails. The husband was not interested in a relationship with us, although he knew that his wife remained friends.

On Sunday, we were at church when I got a call on my cell phone from the wife. When I picked up the call, it was actually the husband on her cell phone. He was screaming at me, acusing me of having a "relationship" with his wife. (I cannot repeat the language here, but I haven't heard so many f bombs ever.) He demanded to know where I was. He told me he was going to find me and kill me. I talked to him for a couple of minutes, trying to get him to calm down. He refused to listen when I told him he was wrong. He finally hung up. A few minutes later, she called me back. She told us that he had made the phone call from our front porch. He had gone to the house to find me, and when I wasn't home, he had made the call. (She had been in the car, watching him talk to me from the porch. I presume that their three children were in the car as well.) Also, he had run off, and she didn't know where he was.

We made a police report and arranged for surveillance of our home. Since it was a Sunday, I couldn't do anything else. We received additional phone calls from the couple telling us that the situation was under control. He had come back to their home after an hour or so. The last call we received, he told me that he was not going to hurt me. He was just "angry" and "blowing off steam." He apologized to my wife. (Not to me.) They had counseling appointments this week, and we were assured that these anger issues would be dealt with in those meetings.

Needless to say, we will never have contact with this family again. We heard no feedback from their counseling, but we are assuming that the situation has been diffused. (Keeping the doors locked and being very careful and watchful, though.) I went to court on Monday and asked for a personal protection order. I was denied because the law requires that there be two incidents of threatening behavior. So, we are starting to relax a little bit, but not much.

Please pray for us. Pray for our safety. We're also dealing with the emotional fall out of all of this. My daughter and I especially. We are having feelings of isolation and loneliness. My daughter is crying a lot and needing to be around people all the time. I feel the same way. Please pray that we can put this situation behind us and move on with our lives.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tbutler For This Useful Post:
Bradmac (02-27-2013), caninemom3 (02-27-2013), Sanity Clause (03-08-2013), Seawaters (02-27-2013), snowflake22 (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 09:00 AM
*<[:{) Ho ho ho!!!

Last Achievements

Thanked 70,327 Times in 13,997 Posts
xmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintxmas365 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I will keep you in my thoughts.
Old 02-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,342 Times in 12,630 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Rest assured that your prayers are being heard. I know that this is an emotional and fearful time for you. I have been in the wife's position before (not physical abuse, but emotional) and it is hard. Most of the time, the events do not escalate to actual violence when they concern an innocent third party, especially if there is some intervention. Prayer is really the only thing that you have right now. When my ex ranted and raved about my "boyfriends," I was so fearful at first because there were no boyfriends. Then I realized that I had to stand up to that crap. When I did, that made all the difference. When I "talked back," through so much of my anger, it surprised him into non-action. I had finally reached the point where I did not care what happened to me. When he saw that, he backed off and I got a divorce. In a situation like this, I really pray for strength for the wife to make some difficult decisions. She is the only one who can truly do something.

Originally Posted by tbutler View Post
Hello Christmas friends,

First time I've posted something like this but I've seen others do it. I'd appreciate all the support we can get.

This past weekend was horrible for me and my family. We are/were friends with another couple with a history of marital problems and domestic violence. Over the years we've drifted apart, although my wife and I have kept in touch with the other wife via Facebook, texts, e-mails. The husband was not interested in a relationship with us, although he knew that his wife remained friends.

On Sunday, we were at church when I got a call on my cell phone from the wife. When I picked up the call, it was actually the husband on her cell phone. He was screaming at me, acusing me of having a "relationship" with his wife. (I cannot repeat the language here, but I haven't heard so many f bombs ever.) He demanded to know where I was. He told me he was going to find me and kill me. I talked to him for a couple of minutes, trying to get him to calm down. He refused to listen when I told him he was wrong. He finally hung up. A few minutes later, she called me back. She told us that he had made the phone call from our front porch. He had gone to the house to find me, and when I wasn't home, he had made the call. (She had been in the car, watching him talk to me from the porch. I presume that their three children were in the car as well.) Also, he had run off, and she didn't know where he was.

We made a police report and arranged for surveillance of our home. Since it was a Sunday, I couldn't do anything else. We received additional phone calls from the couple telling us that the situation was under control. He had come back to their home after an hour or so. The last call we received, he told me that he was not going to hurt me. He was just "angry" and "blowing off steam." He apologized to my wife. (Not to me.) They had counseling appointments this week, and we were assured that these anger issues would be dealt with in those meetings.

Needless to say, we will never have contact with this family again. We heard no feedback from their counseling, but we are assuming that the situation has been diffused. (Keeping the doors locked and being very careful and watchful, though.) I went to court on Monday and asked for a personal protection order. I was denied because the law requires that there be two incidents of threatening behavior. So, we are starting to relax a little bit, but not much.

Please pray for us. Pray for our safety. We're also dealing with the emotional fall out of all of this. My daughter and I especially. We are having feelings of isolation and loneliness. My daughter is crying a lot and needing to be around people all the time. I feel the same way. Please pray that we can put this situation behind us and move on with our lives.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 36,321 Times in 5,600 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Reposted the OP in the Prayer Requests thread.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-27-2013), momnan30 (02-27-2013), snowflake22 (02-27-2013), tbutler (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 10:20 AM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,564 Times in 13,922 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Hello Christmas friends,

How terrifying this must be.

I hope you have loved ones to lean on.

You & your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-27-2013, 11:20 AM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,354 Times in 26,560 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
My prayers are on the way.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-27-2013), snowflake22 (02-27-2013), tbutler (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 12:19 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Hello Christmas friends,

My dear mother taught me a little prayer when I was little...It goes something like this: I plead the blood of Jesus Christ around...." and then you fill in your needs. I have just touched the screen of my laptop and pleaded the blood over you and your family no matter where you are or what you are doing....I will keep praying for you too...I hope you are all soon at peace once again...Blessings xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
momnan30 (02-27-2013), snowflake22 (02-27-2013), tbutler (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 12:36 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 3,680 Times in 881 Posts
momnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companionmomnan30 is a safe caroling companion
Terribly frightening- wish you and your loved ones peace and freedom from fear. God bless!

“Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time.”
Laura Ingalls Wilder
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momnan30 For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-27-2013), snowflake22 (02-27-2013), tbutler (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

tbutler has shown a merry disposition
Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and support. Words on a forum cannot express how grateful I am. I'm so glad that this is a place that I can come to for some cyber-hugs and prayers.

Merry Christmas!!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tbutler For This Useful Post:
caninemom3 (02-27-2013), made582 (02-27-2013), snowflake22 (02-27-2013)
Old 02-27-2013, 08:17 PM
MMC Christmas Angel (1954 - 2013)

Thanked 43,448 Times in 9,243 Posts
caninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintcaninemom3 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
holly

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts and support. Words on a forum cannot express how grateful I am. I'm so glad that this is a place that I can come to for some cyber-hugs and prayers.

Merry Christmas!!!!

Merry Christmas !! and many ((((HUGS)))) to you and your dear family xo

[URL="http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/"][SIZE=3]http://www.polarbearsinternational.org/[/SIZE][/URL]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to caninemom3 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (02-27-2013), tbutler (02-28-2013)