Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Anyone else have a Christmas Baby?

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,976
Threads: 53,451
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,178)
Welcome to our newest member, Johnmak
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
A Christmas Story (Movie...
By MMC Editor
06-09-2011 09:21 PM
60,582 Views  0 Posts
santahat The True Story of Santa...
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 10:59 PM
0 Posts
My Christmas of 1947
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 08:58 PM
45,108 Views  0 Posts
What will I get for...
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:55 PM
0 Posts
The Legend of Baboushka
By MMC Editor
06-03-2002 01:56 PM
58,102 Views  0 Posts

Old 09-04-2013, 09:33 AM
Merry Forums Chestnut Roaster
Last Achievements

BoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry dispositionBoxerMom has shown a merry disposition
Anyone else have a Christmas Baby?

I am relatively new to the site but never shared this with you..my oldest daughter, Addison is a Christmas baby!

She will be 11 on Christmas Day! My original due date was 12/16 and I was scheduled to be induced on the 26th. I went into labor on Christmas Eve at 11:00pm...felt completely fine all day..went to church and dinner at my SIL's house. Came home around 9, sleeping by 10 and then woke up an hour later. She was born at 4:04pm on Dec. 25th!

You would not believe the comments I hear when people find out that she was born on Christmas: "What a terrible day for a birthday or she must really get jipped on her birthday. So many negative things and I never ever thought of it as a negative thing at all!! I always felt so blessed to have a child and on Christmas is an added bonus!

Whenever people make comments...I always say.."If having a Chistmas birthday is the worst thing as you see it is then I say she is pretty lucky."

She usually celebrates with a bday party with her friends the beginning of the month then on Christmas Eve I decorate her room with birthday balloons so she wakes up Christmas morning with a double excitement. We also always have a bday cake as well.

Sorry this is so long...just wanted to share...have a wonderful day! Would love to hear if anyone has another Christmas kid!
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BoxerMom For This Useful Post:
almcg (09-06-2013), Bradmac (09-06-2013), Christmasstar (09-04-2013), Courtney (09-06-2013), Festive Spirit (09-07-2013), snowflake22 (09-04-2013), XmasDreams (09-04-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 10:47 AM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
We have a child that was due on Christmas but the dr decided he wanted to induce a week before. We've always considered her a Christmas baby. We get the negative comments too from people who say that she must be in some way left out because her birthday falls at Christmas time.

We've always worked to avoid her feeling that way, in fact, she likes to rub it in for the other kids by saying things like "At least I get a Christmas tree on my birthday" or "The whole world celebrates my birthday"...stuff like that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
BoxerMom (09-08-2013), Christmasstar (09-04-2013), snowflake22 (09-04-2013), XmasDreams (09-04-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 10:51 AM
Santa's Mentor
Last Achievements

Thanked 5,633 Times in 1,289 Posts
XmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companionXmasDreams is a safe caroling companion
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
We get the negative comments too from people who say that she must be in some way left out because her birthday falls at Christmas time.
As a person that was suppose to be born on Christmas day but didn't show up till 3 days after. I get that response all the time as well. It was always hard a little bit because could never have Birthday Parities cuz most kids were away on vacation. But my parents did want they could to still make it special.

Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
in fact, she likes to rub it in for the other kids by saying things like "At least I get a Christmas tree on my birthday" or "The whole world celebrates my birthday"...stuff like that.

think i might have use this quote from time to time, what a smart kid lol
BoxerMom (09-08-2013), Christmasstar (09-04-2013), snowflake22 (09-04-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
Last Achievements

KWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elfKWasser is a good elf
My wife was born on Christmas Day, and she says she always felt jipped. Naturally, she's not as big of a Christmas enthusiast as I am.

My daughter was supposed to be born in early March but due to medical issues was born 10 weeks early...on Christmas Eve. She's a healthy happy 4 year old now, but my wife has been contemplating moving her Birthday celebration to March (when she was supposed to be born).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KWasser For This Useful Post:
BoxerMom (09-08-2013), Christmasstar (09-04-2013), snowflake22 (09-04-2013), XmasDreams (09-04-2013)
Old 09-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Merry Forums Mistletoe Hanger
Last Achievements

deffenm has shown a merry dispositiondeffenm has shown a merry disposition
Our daugther was born on Dec. 24th. and our middle son was born on Dec. 30th. Our children are adopted and our daughter and our oldest son moved in with us on Dec. 14th. Our house is busy in December as we celebrate all of these blessings. My daughter is proud her birthday is Dec. 24th and likes to tell everyone when she was born.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to deffenm For This Useful Post:
Old 09-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Mistletoeologist
Last Achievements

novelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elfnovelist is a good elf
My middle step son was born Dec 2nd. My husband said when he was little they waited until after his birthday before decorating for Christmas. As he got older, he didn't care, so we've always decorated the weekend after Thanksgiving. My Dad's birthday was Dec 11th, and that didn't matter in our house. he still got lots of gifts for both his birthday and Christmas.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to novelist For This Useful Post:
BoxerMom (09-08-2013), Christmasstar (09-04-2013), XmasDreams (09-06-2013)
Old 09-07-2013, 01:43 AM
Christmas Deity
Last Achievements

Thanked 7,989 Times in 1,273 Posts
Festive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the treeFestive Spirit you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by BoxerMom View Post
I am relatively new to the site but never shared this with you..my oldest daughter, Addison is a Christmas baby!

She will be 11 on Christmas Day! My original due date was 12/16 and I was scheduled to be induced on the 26th. I went into labor on Christmas Eve at 11:00pm...felt completely fine all day..went to church and dinner at my SIL's house. Came home around 9, sleeping by 10 and then woke up an hour later. She was born at 4:04pm on Dec. 25th!

You would not believe the comments I hear when people find out that she was born on Christmas: "What a terrible day for a birthday or she must really get jipped on her birthday. So many negative things and I never ever thought of it as a negative thing at all!! I always felt so blessed to have a child and on Christmas is an added bonus!

Whenever people make comments...I always say.."If having a Chistmas birthday is the worst thing as you see it is then I say she is pretty lucky."

She usually celebrates with a bday party with her friends the beginning of the month then on Christmas Eve I decorate her room with birthday balloons so she wakes up Christmas morning with a double excitement. We also always have a bday cake as well.

Sorry this is so long...just wanted to share...have a wonderful day! Would love to hear if anyone has another Christmas kid!
I think it is really special to have a birthday on christmas day! Double the excitment and double the celebrations!

My husband's birthday is two weeks before christmas and my neice is on Christmas Eve so I understand the negative comments as people often say similar to them......as they assume because their birthdays are so close to christmas it somehow get's overlooked.

I love how you decorate her bedroom for her, sounds like you make it really speical for her.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Festive Spirit For This Useful Post:
BoxerMom (09-08-2013), Christmasstar (09-07-2013)
Old 09-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
Last Achievements

christmasjingles has shown a merry dispositionchristmasjingles has shown a merry disposition
My oldest (a daughter) has a birthday on December 24th. She will be 39 this year. Her son, (my oldest grandchild) was also born on December 24th. He will be turning 12.

My youngest (a son) was born on Christmas Day and will be 18.