Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Chit Chat » Then and Now; Christmas Dreams Come True

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Chit Chat Link Christmas Presented by Link Christmas, the World's Largest Directory of Christmas Links, this merry area of the forums is where we gather to say hello and to share Christmas year round through a large variety of topics. All are welcome!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,097
Threads: 54,003
Top Poster: xmas365 (166,737)
Welcome to our newest member, AmyHardy

Old 09-17-2013, 10:41 AM
is waiting for Fall
Last Achievements

Thanked 4,827 Times in 1,097 Posts
MerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to othersMerryBells is a gift to others
Bells Then and Now; Christmas Dreams Come True

I was just posting in the Christmas Music memories thread, and got to thinking about something. When I was a youngster, I loved listening to my Dad's organ and chime records. I never dreamed that I would take music lessons, and grow up to play many of these songs on the organ at my own church. Likewise, my Dad took us to see a lot of lights and decorations at Christmas, and now I have my own heavily-decorated Christmas House for other families to visit and enjoy.

So, let's hear from the rest of you! Did you really enjoy some Christmas activity when you were a kid, only to have it take root in a surprising way? Or did you have big Christmas dreams when you were young, and now they're a reality? I would love for everyone to share their stories!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryBells For This Useful Post:
Festive Spirit (09-17-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013)
Old 09-17-2013, 02:44 PM
Christmas Deity

Last Achievements

Thanked 38,717 Times in 6,008 Posts
MerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintMerryCarey leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
When I was in college as a commuter student, I had two rooms in the finished basement of my family's home. One year my parents bought themselves a larger artificial tree, and I asked them if I could have the old one. I remember how exciting it was to put it up and decorate it---my first very own Christmas tree. Even though I did most of the decorating of the family tree, I got a special excitement out of having my own as well. The basement ceilings were low suspended ceilings, and I still remember how the multicolored lights on my tree shone a halo of colors on the white ceiling when I turned off the ceiling lights.

I still have the LPs my parent played on the stereo at Christmas. I have to hear to them to make my Christmastime complete---the sound of them brings back the Christmas feeling to me each year.

Are you a Spug? Click here to find out!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MerryCarey For This Useful Post:
MerryBells (09-18-2013), snowflake22 (09-17-2013)