Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Newest Christmas Features > Christmas Podcasts » New! Merry Podcast #34 -- Christmas Ghosts, Angels and Gods

Christmas Podcasts Brought to you by Christmas Podcasts this forum hosts files and discussion of the Merry Podcasts of My Merry Christmas and other Christmas podcasts we share.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,972
Threads: 53,432
Top Poster: xmas365 (149,657)
Welcome to our newest member, LightsNXS
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Is it Donner or Donder?
By MMC Editor
06-11-2002 04:53 PM
48,400 Views  0 Posts
How to Make the Most of...
By MMC Editor
06-02-2002 08:55 PM
47,580 Views  0 Posts
Top Ten Ways Santa Knows...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 03:55 PM
46,157 Views  0 Posts
Santa Everywhere
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:15 PM
43,659 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Norman Rockwell,...
By MMC Editor
10-29-2011 11:15 AM
71,265 Views  0 Posts

Old 12-18-2013, 02:17 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,890 Times in 2,408 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Merry Podcast #34 -- Christmas Ghosts, Angels and Gods

It's the Big Christmas Show of 2013! And back and better than ever are the traditional Christmas greetings from folks right here on MMC -- these always give me a smile and fill me with the Christmas spirit. This year's greetings are WONDERFUL!

Also in this episode --

1. Rebecca Newman's hit single of Christmas 2013 titled Wonderful Dream

2. Dickens & Capra: An Odd Connection between two who share the use of ghosts and angels in their Christmas creations.

3. The Last Sailing of Captain Santa -- an event remembered in Chicago every Christmas, featuring the lookout over Lake Michigan for the last delivery of the Christmas Tree Ship

4. Gods -- The Stunning Connections Between the gods of Winter Solstice and Christianity. Amazing detail that makes you wonder who stole Christmas from whom.

5. Angels -- A recounting of the angels from the Christmas story -- the the role of angels in other heroes of Christmas.

This episode also features outstanding musical selections featuring the angels of Christmas.

In all, more than an hour of music, Christmas spirit and celebration -- click here to download.

Merry Christmas!

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Westover; 02-24-2014 at 08:59 AM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jeff Westover For This Useful Post:
brent (12-20-2013), made582 (12-18-2013), Maureen (12-18-2013), MerryCarey (12-18-2013), snowflake22 (12-18-2013)
Old 12-18-2013, 03:01 PM
*Harlowe's Mom*

Last Achievements

Thanked 82,125 Times in 13,834 Posts
snowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintsnowflake22 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by Jeff Westover View Post
It's the Big Christmas Show of 2013! And back and better than ever are the traditional Christmas greetings from folks right here on MMC -- these always give me a smile and fill me with the Christmas spirit. This year's greetings are WONDERFUL!

Also in this episode --

1. Rebecca Newman's hit single of Christmas 2013 titled Wonderful Dream

2. Dickens & Capra: An Odd Connection between two who share the use of ghosts and angels in their Christmas creations.

3. The Last Sailing of Captain Santa -- an event remembered in Chicago every Christmas, featuring the lookout over Lake Michigan for the last delivery of the Christmas Tree Ship

4. Gods -- The Stunning Connections Between the gods of Winter Solstice and Christianity. Amazing detail that makes you wonder who stole Christmas from whom.

5. Angels -- A recounting of the angels from the Christmas story -- the the role of angels in other heroes of Christmas.

This episode also features outstanding musical selections featuring the angels of Christmas.

In all, more than an hour of music, Christmas spirit and celebration -- click here to download.

Merry Christmas!

Jeff
Can't wait to listen to it!! 🎄🎁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2013, 04:56 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 144,005 Times in 26,497 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
It was great!!! I always love hearing everyone's greetings!!!

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (12-18-2013)
Old 12-20-2013, 04:13 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,452 Times in 1,973 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
Jeff, your passionate discussion about the winking Santa is very inspiring. Congratulations on your discovery.

Could you please provide a link to a photo of the winking Santa?

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following User Says Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (01-06-2014)
Old 12-20-2013, 04:41 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 12,452 Times in 1,973 Posts
brent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa enviousbrent makes even Santa envious
As always, it was a pleasure hearing everyone's Christmas greetings. Thank you to all those that contributed. It truly brought a tear to my eye. Saying something so simple ("Merry Christmas") can mean so much!

Also: Jeff, and other podcast contributors, I cannot thank you enough for your tireless effort on making the MMC Podcast so wonderful. As soon as I am done listening, I always look forward to the next one. Except this time. Christmas is so close and I will continue to cherish the moments between now and then. As I said before, though, thank you for everything with the podcast and MMC. Nothing brightens my day more than hearing such merry sounds and historical analysis of Christmas. Looking forward to new podcasts in 2014, but until then... Enjoy yourselves and Merry Christmas to you and yours!

"The bells, the bows and the flashing lights, the mistletoes and the 'Silent Nights. It's all for show, but that's all right. That's not why I love this time of year..."
The Following User Says Thank You to brent For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (12-20-2013)