Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Has anyone seen The Christmas Shoes ?

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,863
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,410)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 11-28-2007, 06:59 PM
mammaduke

Has anyone seen The Christmas Shoes ?

What does that movie mean to you, to me it is the TRUE meaning of what Christmas is about. It's on Dec 9th @ 7:00 on lifetime if you want to know what christmas is .
Old 11-28-2007, 11:12 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I don't think I have seen this Debbie..but I love Lifetime movies so I will have to check it out. Please give me a "heads up" as the time gets near. I get so darn busy at times I forget.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:48 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
it is a wonderful film, very sad but wonderful.

i am a drama teacher, i teach children from the age of 7 to 12 and we are putting on a production of the christmas shoes on dec 6th. i will let you know how it goes.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:00 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Originally Posted by JOHNOR View Post
it is a wonderful film, very sad but wonderful.

i am a drama teacher, i teach children from the age of 7 to 12 and we are putting on a production of the christmas shoes on dec 6th. i will let you know how it goes.

wow Johnor....You are a drama teacher? how fresh is that?

how is it when the kids are on stage....are You more exited and nervous than when You are on stage? I know that from Sports coaches...Marion Jones (former world class sprinter...now a bit disgraced but still my girl) that she was much more nervous when her girls basketball team she coached played than when she was on the track

to the question: I havenīt seen this flick yet...but I will try to find it somewhere to watch it!!!

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-20-2008, 04:02 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Location: Pennsylvania in my heart, North Carolina physically.
Santa's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to othersSanta's Helper is a gift to others
I can't stand the song or the movie. You can be mad at me if you want, it's ok I won't hold it against you.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:05 AM
Santa's Mentor

Last Achievements

Thanked 3,129 Times in 1,063 Posts
irishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the treeirishsnow you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by Santa's Helper View Post
I can't stand the song or the movie. You can be mad at me if you want, it's ok I won't hold it against you.
How come???
Old 10-20-2008, 04:32 AM
candy cane hustla

Last Achievements

Thanked 16,724 Times in 3,787 Posts
trackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real sainttrackrebel leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I knew someone, once who wouldnīt watch any movies that didnīt have a happy end...for example...she never saw the Titanic movie with Leo and Kate...because he dies at the end...

I can understand it to some extend....We see bad things on the news and in the streets everyday...why watch something sad...when we can choose for a comedy or something like that.

I personally like sad movies, too...but sometimes...I canīt cope with it and settle for something funny or cute

Merry Christmas to All and God bless You

Old 10-20-2008, 09:52 AM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,093 Times in 713 Posts
JOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the treeJOHNOR you could wrap up and put under the tree
Originally Posted by trackrebel View Post
wow Johnor....You are a drama teacher? how fresh is that?

how is it when the kids are on stage....are You more exited and nervous than when You are on stage? I know that from Sports coaches...Marion Jones (former world class sprinter...now a bit disgraced but still my girl) that she was much more nervous when her girls basketball team she coached played than when she was on the track

to the question: I havenīt seen this flick yet...but I will try to find it somewhere to watch it!!!
yeah track, i used to teach drama, i don't now because i am acting myself but i enjoyed it whilst it lasted! we put a play of the christmas shoes on last december, my young cousin was the lead role and he was fantastic! all my kids were, but he stood out! yeah, i was FAR more nervous watching them than when i was on stage because you have no control of it.

oh i see your point, it is ridiculously sad. but i think it puts things into perspective. nobody would hate you for that, we are a family here!

Despite my username, I am female!
The Following User Says Thank You to JOHNOR For This Useful Post:
Santa's Helper (10-20-2008)
Old 11-29-2007, 07:37 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
I've seen it and I'll be the voice of dissent here. I don't like the song and I don't like the movie. They're both way too depressing for me at this time of year.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:40 AM
mammaduke

candle

Annette1990 : I'll make sure that I remind you about the movie. I'll PM you the day before & one that day too so you'll remember to watch it . Then you can let me know what u think of it.
LOL, Debbie