Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,127
Threads: 54,232
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,429)
Welcome to our newest member, cmas333

Old 02-09-2008, 08:38 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
CHATROOM troubles

With computer problems at my end, I haven't been able to enjoy the chat room like I want to. It isn't the site that kicks me off, it's something on my ISP's end. But when I do get in the chat room, I am accused of being a TROLL when I am a registered member of this site. People are being rude when all we want to do is chat with our friends. This is the second time in less than 41 days that I have been accused of being a non-member. I love the site, but we have to do something about our chat room.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:43 PM
MMC Media Guru Extraordinaire

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
who exactly is doing the accusing? other members?
Old 02-09-2008, 08:47 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,518 Times in 922 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
Same here. I go into chat to look for cheer and I get accused of being a troll and am asked to leave.
I felt very unwelcomed and hurt by this. I love coming to this place and hanging out in chat when I can but I won't if I get accused of somthing that I am not.
Old 02-09-2008, 08:48 PM

Last Achievements

dvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the treedvdelf you could wrap up and put under the tree
ill take care of it
Old 02-09-2008, 08:55 PM

Last Achievements

I'll be sending Jeff a pm on this, But I want to go on the record here & say we CANNOT accuse members of being trolls without cause. I dont want to be getting complaints from members saying other members are being nasty. Im sure Jeff wont appreciate it.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:02 PM
Christmas Royalty
Last Achievements

Thanked 2,518 Times in 922 Posts
Minta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the treeMinta you could wrap up and put under the tree
I did send him an email tonight on this cause I had no idea what was going on or why I was being accused of being a troll and asked to leave the chat. I understand the need to keep trolls out but I barely had to chance to say HI to the members in the chat room when I was asked a question that I had no idea what the answer was because I have never seen the question about before. I didn't even know that the chat room was password coded. I was floored to say the least.
I know I do not join chat that often but I do enjoy myself in there when I do get the chance to join. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2008, 09:08 PM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,673 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
I would like to also add to this. I know some of the registered members here have come up with a plan to ask a question and get a reply from people in chat..a password type system. It has actually worked well on keeping non registered members out and not using registered users names such as myself when its not me in chat and someone using my name. Some of the other users have emailed members who are regulars in chat. They have tried to included everyone we could think of. We really need to come up with a better plan. It can be nerve wracking at times. I even get asked when I go into chat as well as others so I don't feel certain people are being singled out. By letting the asker know what the PW it confirms that it is me. If it was really Jeff about a week or less ago he told us in chat he is working on this problem. I hope we come up with a solution fast. Otherwise anyone can come in use our usernames and have a hey day. And these problems will continue.
PS..I hope you got my email with the password Minta. And I hope you join us again. And I hope you understand when I explained all the problems we have had in chat with ppl using members names and posing as me or you. It's a shame it's gotten to this!

Last edited by Annette1990; 02-09-2008 at 09:14 PM.