Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Traditions & Memories » What Is Your Best Easter Memory ?

Traditions & Memories This forum area discusses all the time honored traditions of Christmas. From Christmas trees to mistletoe to great fun with Santa these topics bring us together and inspire great celebration year round. We relish learning of Christmas from all parts of the world and sharing unique cultural traditions from all over. Share your ideas and fond memories here!

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 9,978
Threads: 53,469
Top Poster: xmas365 (150,864)
Welcome to our newest member, ShontelleE
» Recent Comments
Hot Cocoa or Hot Chocolate: A Matter of Taste
It's hard to find good writing now a days. But you have done a great job with all these sharing hot Cocoa and hot Chocolate. That's interesting. Thanks for sharing.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
My top favorite Christmas Sitcoms: All from M*A*S*H , Happy Days, Laverne and Shirley. Step By Step - I'll Be Home For Christmas
His Name is Bud
love this story! Thanks for sharing your memories.
The Best of Christmas Sitcoms
Here are my top 10: (in no particular order) All 3 M*A*S*H Christmas episodes they made: Dear Dad Dear Sis Death Takes a Holiday The Bob Newhart Show: His Busiest Time I'm Dreaming of a...
Tips for Buying a Fresh Tree
I will do that fresh cut of the trunk.....that was my problem last Christmas.....the tree lost so many needles....even tho it was fresh....the problem was....since I didnīt cut the trunk....the tree...
» Random Entries
Why Santa Doesn't Use...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:22 PM
40,065 Views  0 Posts
The Big Red Box
By MMC Editor
05-31-2002 09:27 PM
0 Posts
Christmas Tree A Christmas Tree for Cats
By MMC Editor
10-11-2013 08:21 AM
30,829 Views  0 Posts
Christmas Tree Great Quotes of Christmas
By MMC Editor
05-29-2002 11:05 PM
0 Posts
Why There Really Is a...
By MMC Editor
06-13-2002 04:23 PM
39,255 Views  0 Posts

Old 02-29-2008, 01:03 PM
mammaduke

What Is Your Best Easter Memory ?

I was just wondering what your best memory is of one special Easter. mine has to be when my birthday fell on Easter Sunday. That Easter the Easter bunny put my basket in the basement. it was on the seat of my new bike that I got.
So I was wondering if you have any special memories .

Old 03-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Christmasologist
Last Achievements

Sunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoeSunshine73 would be nice to meet under the mistletoe
Unfortunately, Easter does not stick out in my mind like Christmas does. Like most holidays, I know we usually spent Easter at grandma's house.

I do remember basic things like coloring eggs and Easter egg hunts. I remember that the Easter Bunny always hid at least one egg in everyone's shoe and he always hid eggs in these little ornamental handles at the bottom of my grandmother's old fashioned floor model console tv.

Oh, and I also remember that my grandmother would use the Easter eggs to finish her potato salad and make deviled eggs for Easter lunch so often times our Easter egg hunt was punctuated with grandma urging us on with "hurry up, I need those eggs!" Not to mention the fact that the potato salad and deviled eggs were always festive looking since the dye always seemed to soak through to the egg underneath!
Old 03-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Santa's Mentor

Thanked 1,668 Times in 940 Posts
Annette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companionAnnette1990 is a safe caroling companion
The only thing I can recall as a kid is finding our baskets, coloring eggs. And the neighbor lady Joan always loved to decorate for every Holiday. And she would hide eggs in our yard for me and my sibilings to find. But Easter doesn't carry as many memories for me like Christmas does. I mean we usually have a nice dinner, color some eggs but that's about the extent of it.
Old 03-10-2008, 05:04 PM
Mistress of Home & Decor

Last Achievements

MrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the treeMrsH you could wrap up and put under the tree
In our house it was finding of the easter eggs that the "easter bunny" (aka my dad) hid. My dad always forgot where one was hidden and we had to really search for it so we didn't get stuck with a smelly egg in a couple of days.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:15 AM
Dang Near Santa Himself

elfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happyelfworks makes Santa very happy
the year i woke up early and saw the EASTER BUNNY hiding eggs!!!! to this day, mother swears it wasnt daddy......

xo

"Elfworks is right." *Jeff Westover

HAVE SPATULA. WILL TRAVEL......
www.thyca.org
http://www.aace.com/public/awareness...kCheckCard.pdf

OH HAPPY DAY! THE END OF KAKISTOCRACY IS HERE!!

"NO, NO, NO ! I mean JINGLE BELLS ! You know... Santa Claus and Ho Ho Ho and Mistletoe and presents to pretty girls..." * Lucy Van Pelt
"All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt!" * Lucy Van Pelt
Old 03-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Magi
Last Achievements

Thanked 19,892 Times in 3,217 Posts
Holiday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintHoliday leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
I can't think of any one year that sticks out, but I remember the thrill of walking down the stairs to find our Easter baskets lined up on the back of the couch, filled with candy...reese's eggs, malted milk eggs, jelly beans & of course the big chocolate bunny! I always loved that big milk chocolate bunny! I do remember one year for some reason we went to my Aunt & Uncles house (Moms sister) in Dayton for Easter. I'm not sure why we went there (we had our own immediate large family at home?) but I remember that is when I learned about "if it rains on Easter, it's going to rain for the next 7 Sundays" & it was raining that day! I remember hunting for eggs in their back yard.

Last edited by Holiday; 03-12-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Leader of the Heavenly Host

Last Achievements

Thanked 72,427 Times in 12,642 Posts
Seawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintSeawaters leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Easter Memory

<the year i woke up early and saw the EASTER BUNNY hiding eggs!!!! to this day, mother swears it wasnt daddy......>

This is so hilarious! I still have not stopped laughing!! My favorite Easter memories center around going to my granny's house with all my cousins and having pictures made--the kind made with a Brownie and the kids having to face the sun. All those squinting eyes make my students laugh--I have the photos framed in my classroom.

Cherylle in CA