Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > MMC Home for the Holidays > Christmas Home » Guide To Posting Pictures

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Home Come here to introduce yourself, meet the Christmas Crew and get help using our forums. We also share news and information from our sister sites in this area as well as coordinate details of our year events, chats and contests. Our sponsors occasionally post special offers for our users in this area, too. .

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,124
Threads: 54,222
Top Poster: xmas365 (169,310)
Welcome to our newest member, gorcidurch

Old 03-08-2008, 06:13 PM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Guide To Posting Pictures

If anyone needs help beyond what is here, just let me know. I'm happy to help.

First, make sure the picture is sized appropriately. If it's too large, it can make viewing the rest of the thread awkward and can cause problems for users with slower connections. If using the board's upload feature like we will be, around 600 pixels tall or wide is probably as big as you can go.

There are several programs that will resize a picture for you, but the easiest one I've found is a free program called PIXresizer. It will work with one photo at a time or entire folders. It can be downloaded here: PIXresizer.

To resize a single picture using PIXresizer, first locate the picture on your computer. Make note of where it is.

At the top of the PIXresizer window, make sure the tab that says Work with one file is selected.

Next, click Load Picture. This will open a new window for you to find the picture you want to resize. Find and select the picture you want to resize and then click OPEN. Your picture will appear in the "monitor" in the main window.

Now you can enter the desired dimension of the picture. We will use the guidelines I used before. Since the picture I'm using is more wide than it is tall, I will enter 600 in the first box (if the opposite is true, then I would enter 600 in the second box). As long as the box below titled Maintain aspect ratio is checked, the second dimension will automatically be adjusted.

Then it asks you to select the output format. Default is JPEG, and that will work best.

Then all you have to do is hit Save Picture. It will ask you what you want to name the new, resized picture and where you want to save it. Again, take note of where it is saved.

Last edited by dominick; 03-08-2008 at 06:38 PM.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dominick For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-30-2008), BritneyBug (09-18-2008), ChristmasSpirit76 (07-01-2013), joyful (09-08-2008), One Spoiled Brat (11-30-2009)
Old 03-08-2008, 06:54 PM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Now that the picture has been resized, you can upload it to your post. Make sure that you're using the "advanced" text editor, not the quick reply box at the bottom of each thread page.

Scroll down to just below your post. There is a section called Additional Options. Click the button that says Manage Attachments.

A new window will open. In that window, click Browse. Another new window will open; find the resized picture and then click Open. Then click upload.

Once your picture has been uploaded (the file will be listed under Current Attachments), click Close this window right above.

Your picture should now appear in your post as a thumbnail that will open when clicked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2990 (600 x 451).jpg (97.4 KB, 0 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dominick For This Useful Post:
bhenson (10-30-2008), Christmas-man (05-19-2011), ChristmasSpirit76 (07-01-2013), irishsnow (04-13-2011)
Old 11-14-2012, 07:29 PM
MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole

Last Achievements

Thanked 163,998 Times in 31,298 Posts
made582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saintmade582 leaves the frosting on Santa's cookies, a real saint
Okay, here is the Instructions on how to post a picture from the new Photobucket website. I've also included how to resize the pictures.

To post a photo using photobucket
1. Sign in to your account on Photobucket

2. To upload a photo click on "upload". Then click on "Browse files" to find photo on your computer. Once you select files to upload click "upload" button again. (To select more than one photo, Hold down the "CTRL" button on your keyboard while selecting photos)

3. Once upload is done click on "view library". (If the picture you want to post has already been uploaded just skip to this step after you log in)

4. Double click on picture that you want to post.

5. On right hand side of page, look for the "Img code" under the Image links.

6. Move your mouse cursor over to the "Img code" until you see a hand appear.

7. Click on the code. The box should turn yellow and the word copied should pop up.

8. Go back to MMC.

9. In the post that you want to put the picture click on the right mouse button.

10. Click on the "paste" option.

11. The "Img code" should show in the post and when posted the Image will appear.

To resize an Image using a photobucket
1. After the Image has been uploaded, click on the "Edit" tab.

2. Select Image that you want to resize.

3. Click on the "Resize" button on top of the picture.

5. Change the numbers in the width and height boxes to the size you want. (600 X 450 is good for MMC)

6. Click on Apply.

7. If you like the size of the picture then click on "Save".

8. Then follow the instructions above to post the picture.

Only in the agony of parting do we look into the depths of love. ~George Eliot
Don't forget to listen to the Greasy Skillet Saturday nights 8 to 10pm EST
Leader of the get Steven Colbert to keep Lovemas tradition movement!!!
Stay Safe and Hurry Back Dawg!!!!

Last edited by made582; 10-03-2013 at 08:24 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to made582 For This Useful Post:
snowflake22 (12-17-2012)