Members Area
Countdown to Christmas --
Visit My Merry Christmas on Facebook!   Visit My Merry Christmas on Twitter!   Get My Merry Christmas on RSS
Navigation » Merry Forums of My Merry Christmas > Christmas Today > Christmas Together » Time to Hitch Up the Sleigh

My Merry Christmas Announcement

Christmas Together We're here year round and even though we are scattered all over the world and most of us have never met face-to-face we find ways to celebrate the season together. From our annual Christmas exchanges to scheduled chats our Christmasing together is discussed here.

Log-in
  Register

» Stats
Members: 10,081
Threads: 53,858
Top Poster: xmas365 (163,290)
Welcome to our newest member, Blitz

Old 03-30-2008, 09:10 PM
My Merry Christmas Founder and Chief Light Stringer of the Merry Forums

Last Achievements

Thanked 7,932 Times in 2,418 Posts
Jeff Westover has disabled reputation
Time to Hitch Up the Sleigh

One of my great past times in leading up to Christmas is watching the weather. Usually in late September I make a daily stop by the Weather Service to see what is happening. I did that tonight and read this:

HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM MDT MONDAY
A HEAVY SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 AM MDT MONDAY. THIS WARNING IS FOR THE SALT LAKE AND TOOELE VALLEYS...THE SOUTHERN WASATCH FRONT AND THE SANPETE VALLEY...THE GREAT SALT LAKE DESERTS AND MOUNTAINS SOUTH OF I-80 AND FOR WEST CENTRAL
UTAH. SNOW TOTALS OF 2 TO 8 INCHES ARE EXPECTED BY MONDAY MORNING. THE GREATEST TOTALS WILL BE IN THE UTAH AND SANPETE VALLEYS AND ALONG THE BENCH AREAS OF THE SALT LAKE AND TOOELE VALLEYS.

In September, this would be an awesome thing to read. But at this point in the year, we're ready to put the sleigh in dry dock.
Old 03-30-2008, 09:18 PM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Yeah, well, remember when the rest of us were suffering through 80° temps in October and you were posting up pictures of your first snow fall? Karma my friend, karma.

Old 03-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Dang Near Santa Himself
Last Achievements

Head Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happyHead Elf makes Santa very happy
Touche`.... It sure is windy here in the NE part of Az. I was just telling the hubby that a good snowfall would be nice (sort of) just to keep us on our toes. Especially when spring has just arrived. Global Warming?
Old 03-30-2008, 09:45 PM

Last Achievements

Karma indeed. And yeah, where is that global warming?
Old 03-31-2008, 07:58 AM

Last Achievements

Ah, it's not bad. Only about 4 inches or so and being spring that could be gone this afternoon. Drat, I was hoping to call my boss and tell him I couldn't get out of the driveway.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:37 AM
MMC Forummaster & Tech Elf

dominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companiondominick is a safe caroling companion
Hey Jeff, what do you do for snow removal? Kids? I'd be spittin' and cussin' if we got 4" dropped on us right now; my snowblower quit on me about a half-foot ago.